Monday, June 25, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Snow White and the Huntsman Set

I have not yet seen Snow White and the Huntsman in theaters and it still is the only movie that I might actually venture out and see in the next month or two.  I have heard great reviews about this movie from multiple friends and will mostly spend money on the tickets and huge tube of popcorn to go out and see what I think of the film.  Before the release of the movie, I looked at the Benefit makeup set that came out for the movie, it contains a series of products to create great skin and a subtle red lip look that would fir in perfectly with the makeup that was used in the movie.  While browsing on the beauty.com website, I found another great set that was made for this movie...from Deborah Lippmann yet too!

I have always loved Deborah Lippmann polishes and I am a sucker for great nail polish sets so this movie-inspired polish duo is just perfect for me!  This set contains a pale pink shade and deep red, both of which are part of the permanent polish line-up from this company.

The beauty.com website provides a full description of the set.  "Snow White's epic beauty and power are captured by noted fashion manicurist, Deborah Lippmann, with two of her fairest shades 'Prelude to a Kiss' and 'Dark Side of the Moon'.  Paired exclusively for Snow White and the Huntsman.  In the epic action-adventure Snow White and the Huntsman, Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than evil Queen Ravenna, who is out to destroy her.  But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with The Huntsman first dispatched to kill her.  Also aiding in Snow White's quest is Prince Charmant, a childhood sweetheart long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power."

Prelude to a Kiss is a shade that I already own but I use so often that I could actually purchase a back up of this shade.  It is a "sheer misty pink" with a sheer cream finish.  One coat is almost totally see-through, two coats builds enough pigments to cover any cracks or ridges on my nails yet looks completely natural at the same time.  This shade wears very well on the nail and I usually get about four to five full days of wear from this shade (with minimal chipping on the nail tip).  As I stated before, I use this product often enough to actually warrant having a back up bottle (a rare feat for someone with an ever-growing polish collection)!

Dark Side of the Moon is a shade that I have seen on the display before but have never tried yet.  It is an "absolutely aubergine" and is a cream finish.  This shade is a very dark purple that could appear black in certain lights.  This shade will be great in the fall months and if I buy this set, I will be setting it aside until the end of September. 

I still have yet to see this movie but I can considering going pretty soon.  I love this set and I hope that Deborah Lippmann does more sets over the next few seasons.  This shades in this set are perfect for me, I love doing a deep, rich pedicure shade with a pale manicure.  And everyone knows how much I love Deborah Lippmann polishes!

photo courtesy of beauty.com

No comments: