Monday, November 28, 2011

Bath and Body Works 3 Cheers Collection

December is almost here and it is really time for the holiday party invites to start coming fast and furious at us.  In addition to all the holiday parties that are coming up, New Year's Eve is on the way too and I will start looking for a party dress to wear for this year's celebration.  With all that in mind, Bath and Body Works has released a new line just for the holiday party season that is designed to get us all in the party mood and ready for the fun part of the holidays.  With all the extra work that goes into this season, it is often very easy to forget about all the fun that can happen this month and all the reasons to be excited about the season.  Bath and Body Works newest holiday product line helps us all to remember to have some fun this time of the year and to make sure that we do some celebrating in between all the shopping and gift wrapping!

This collection contains three new fragrances and I am willing to bet that it is limited edition since it is holiday-themed and contains very few products in it.  The collection is named 3 Cheers and it contains the following fragrances: Strawberry Sparkler, Jingle Bellini, and Vanillatini.  Small sizes of the lotion in these fragrances was available at the beginning of the month but sold out before I was able to do anything more than smell them in the stores.  From the beginning, Vanillatini was my favorite of the collection, it had a warn vanilla and coconut scent that I could wear from now all the way through next summer.  Since I hate winter and cold weather, I am perfectly happy to use summer fragranced body products all year round in hopes of bringing thoughts of the beach into my shower.  I liked the other two fragrances but since they weren't as strong in the bottle, I did pass them over until I was able to really try them when the full sizes of the products came out.  The two light fragrances are the Jingle Bellini and the Strawberry Sparkler and I was able to retest all the fragrances last week when the full sizes of the products became available in the stores. 

Strawberry Sparkler is one that I had expected to like the least of the three, I don't normally like many berry scents in general and I find that a lot of the strawberry scents on the market tend to be very fake and cloying instead of light and fresh.  This is on the sweeter side, it reminds me more of a strawberry ice cream type of fragrance than the traditional berry fragrance.  "Our exclusive Strawberry Sparkler is a flirty cocktail of wild strawberries, sparkling mandarin, and pink jasmine."  The top notes of the fragrance are: Sparkling Mandarin, Fiji Apple, Wild Strawberry.  The heart notes: Pink Jasmine, Mirabelle Plum, Vanilla Orchid.  The base notes are: Sugared Musk, Blonde Woods, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Extract.  This fragrance really reminds me of strawberry ice cream and I fell in love with it when I gave it a second chance.  It is light and sweet and can be worn all year round.  This scent is much better than I originally thought that it would be!

The second fragrance is Jingle Bellini, a peach-inspired scent.  Many peach fragrances are either really good or really bad so I usually skip over most peach scents.  This scent is more complex than a simple peach, it combines the peach notes with a bellini-inspired group of notes, making the scent more complex and better than a simple, sweet peach.  "Our exclusive Jingle Bellini is a festive cocktail of peach champagne, apricot nectar, and powdered sugar."  The top notes are: Apricot Puree, White Peach, Sparkling Prosecco.  The heart notes are: Juicy Nectarine, Honeysuckle Blossom, Passionfruit Nectar.  The bottom notes of the fragrance are: Sugarcane, Golden Vanilla, Creamy Sandalwood, White Musks.  This fragrance smelled the lightest in the bottle and didn't really have a very distinctive scent until I tried it on.  Even applied, it is the lightest of the three fragrances and will be best for those who like very little fragrance.  This one reminded me of the scent of an actual bellini, I love how different this is from the sweet peach fragrances, I predit that this scent will have lots of appeal. 

The last fragrance is the Vanillatini and it was my initial favorite and still remains my favorite of the collection.  This one reminds of both the Coconut Vanilla and the Hawaii Coconut from this company (both of which I loved last spring) and therefore I knew that it was just a matter of the store getting the full sizes in before I would end up buying the products in this fragrance.  "Our exclusive Vanillatini is an addictive cocktail of fresh vanilla, creamy coconut, and lemon zest."  The top notes are: Juicy Bergamot, Lemon Zest, Watery Green Apple, Pineapple Sorbet.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Blackcurrant, Sheer Musk, Jasmine, Creamy Coconut.  The base notes of the fragrance are: Exotic Vanilla, White Musk, Sandalwood.  I love this fragrance and I am so excited to find a new vanilla and coconut fragrance to wear all the way until next summer.  This one is a light mix of the two notes however it is more crisp than simply sweet since it contains a melange of the crisp fruit notes in it.  I love this fragrance so much!

All three of the fragrances came in the Shimmer Mist, the Body Lotion, the Shower Gel, and a Lip Gloss.  I was a bit disappointed that only the Shimmer Mist is offered since I don't normally wear any type of spray shimmer and that killed me buying the fragrance mist in any of the scents.  However, I did indulge in the body lotion and the shower gel in all three of the fragrances.  I was a bit surprised that I ended up liking the Strawberry as much as I did but I was very happy that I found three new fragrances to buy and ones that will last me well into next summer yet too.  I love this little collection and I wish that it was around longer than just the holidays!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: