Saturday, November 19, 2011

MAC Miss Piggy for MAC

Earlier this week we looked at the O.P.I. collaboration with The Muppets to celebrate the new movie that is being released this holiday season.  I stated then that I was really excited for the collaboration that MAC was doing with the movie too.   I was envisioning bright pinks for lipsticks and glosses and lots of fun eye shadow shades.  I have been stalking the MAC website for the past few days and finally I found the collection up when I got home from work Wednesday night.  And it turned out that there was NO reason for me to get excited about this collection.  It is a total of three products, an eye shadow, a set of false lashes, and a Penultimate Liquid Eye Liner.  Three products?!  One of the three is a permanent product that I can get all the time, what is the point of this collection?!  ARGH!
From the MAC website, "To celebrate the supremely talented Miss Piggy's return to the silver screen, she and MAC have created a limited edition, online exclusive collection for Eyes featuring Miss Piggy Pink Eye Shadow, Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack, and 36 Lash."  This collection is online only so it will never hit any of the counters and I won't even be able to play with the eye shadow unless I order it now.  So disappointing...

Miss Piggy for MAC collection...

Eye Shadow - Known for her bedazzling blue eyes, silky blond hair, and sensationally shapely measurements, Miss Piggy was kind enough to collaborate with MAC on the universe's most perfectly pink eye shadow.
- Miss Piggy Pink - midtone blue pink

36 Lash - Originally launched as Sultress Lashes, Full Lash, creates a naturally dramatic look: MAC Lashes are handmade to exact specifications.  Each pattern and design is perfectly shaped and arranged to give a striking effect, whether the look is natural or dramatic.  Available in a variety of shapes and densities.  If properly cared for, lashes can be reshaped or adornedc if desired.

Penultimate Eye Liner - A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade.  Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.

What is the point of this collection?!  The eye shadow shade that was released for this collection is lovely and I would like to buy it but I don't see the point of the rest of the products.  I was at leat hoping that they would be in a special packaging, since I already love Penultimate I would buy another tube of it in a special Miss Piggy packaging.  However the permanent products in this collection are nothing different that the normal products that MAC sells all the time.

This could have been such a great color collection but what was released is just such a disappointment to me...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: