Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Smashbox Holiday 2011 Collection - Holiday Flash

Smashbox is mostly known for their palettes and sets when it comes to their holiday collection.  I did see many nice sets on their website that would make great gifts this time of the year however I was most interested in focusing on their color collection for the season.  I might be wrong but I seem to remember that the past few years, this company hasn't done any type of color collection and instead did a focus on the gifting collections for the holidays.  But this year looks very different and I am more excited to see what type of shades that they have come out with this time of the year instead of how they decided to update the types of sets that they offer almost every single year.

Holiday Flash is the name of the color collection for this holiday season and even though it is not very large, it looks like it will hit the big trends of the season and contain some shades that are perfect for dressing up for holiday parties.  In this collection, I see lots of metallics and reds, this looks like a very traditional holiday makeup collection.  "Turn on the studio sparkle with our megawatt favorites for the season.", states the Smashbox website in a description of the overall collection.  I am getting a glimpse of metallic liquid eye liners and I am thinking that they are ones that I have been seeing recommended in a bunch of this month's beauty and fashion magazines.  We all know that pen-style liquid eye liners are a favorite product of mine so I very well might need to take advantage of the new shades offered in this collection...

Holiday Flash from Smashbox!

Holiday Flash Longwear Liquid Liner - Amp up your eyes this season with a pop of gorgeous metallic color.  The long-wearing formula will take you from morning to holiday party!  For a dramatic, high-fash look, try applying black liquid liner to your upper lash line first, then layering the Chrome or 14K shade right above it.
- Chrome - metallic silver
- 14K - metallic gold

Holiday Flash Eye Lights Quad - Eyes will glimmer like a string of holiday lights with this quad of exquisite metallics!  All four shades can be worn wet or dry for ultimate versatility.  To create more intense color, simply dip your brush (preferably one with stiffer bristles) into water, squeeze out any excess, and press into the shadow.
- Gold/Pearl/Silver/Pewter

Holiday Flash Double-Ended Lip Gloss - This sparkling duo of glitter-infused glosses will get you ready for any mistletoe action!  Bring an old lipstick back to life by applying a coat of this glittery gloss over it.  Mix and match old and new to create glimmering custom colors!
- Star - sheer red with multi-color glitter
- Siren - clear with iridescent glitter

I love this little collection, it is very traditional holiday but there are some great choices in it!  My favorite item is the liquid liner in the gold shade, I will buy this the next time that I head up to Sephora.  The eye palette is very pretty too but the sahdes aren't unique enough for it to warrant a purchase.  I can skip over the lip gloss duo, sparkling red glosses aren't my favorite and I would rather wear red lipstick than red gloss anyday.  I hope that Smashbox continues to release more than just gift collections at the holidays!

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: