Thursday, November 17, 2011

Laura Mercier Holiday 2011 Collection - Moonlight Collection

I haven't been very interested in the past few Laura Mercier collections, a bit surprising since before that I was a huge collection of Laura Mercier and I was always finding new products and shades that I wanted to buy from the company.  I have always loved the face makeup and the body products from this company the most, with a few hits and misses from many of the eye and lip products.  The holiday collection haas just been released, a color collection along with a palette gift collection and a collection of body product gifts.  Today we will look at the single product color collection, a new collection called the Moonlight Collection. 

This collection looks as though it is based around lovely highlighting shimmers, deep plum and pinks shades.  This collection doesn't look like your traditional holiday collection, I see no reds or golds and the shades seem to be a bit more subtle than we often see this time of the year.  I am very interested in this collection and I can't wait to see the purples in it and I am interested in adding a few of these shades to my eye shadow collection.

The Moonlight Collection from Laura Mercier...

Face Illuminator - Limited edition.  A beauriful face illuminator with a soft rose gold shimmer perfect for highlighting.

Luster Eye Color - Laura Mercier Luster Eye Color is a luxuriously smooth eye shadow that imparts pure dynamic iridescence with a sophisticated frost finish providing amazing adherence for a freshly applied look throughout the day.
- Pink Pearl - medium cool pink shimmer
- Crystal Beige - light champagne shimmer
- Deep Garnet - deep cool plum with plum shimmer

Tightline Cake Eyeliner - Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner is an easy-to-use, cake eye liner that delivers long-lasting colour payoff that doesn't fade throughout the day for flawlessly defined eyes.  Now available in 6 smudge and transfer-resistant, colour true shades, the formula glides on the lash line smoothly and stays all day long.
- Orchid Shimmer - deep plum with plum shimmer

Lip Glace - Laura Mercier Lip Glace is a high-shine, perfectly pigmented lip gloss with rich, long-lasting colour and brilliant shine that creates the appearance of fuller lips.  Any skin tone is virtually enhanced by creating a subtle contrast in texture.
- Bare Beam - nude with pink shimmer
- Nude Lilac - lavender with gold sparkle

Creme Lip Colour - Laura Mercier Creme Lip Colour delivers ultra-rich colour in an irresistibly lightweight formula.  Its unique blend of moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and plumping ingredients enchance the lips leaving a smoother, healthier appearance.  One swipe of colour provides hydration and prevents moisture loss ensuring fresh and flawless lips.
- Rose - warm nude pink

Shimmer Lip Colour - Laura Mercier Lip Colour - Shimmer now changes the way you feel about lipstick in one swipe in the newest, revolutionary lip colour formula.  The wide range of shades and finishes enchances your lips' appearance, protects them from the elements, provides hydration and cares for your lips like skincare.
- Raspberry Sorbet - berry rose shimmer
- Evening Pink - bright fuchsia pink

Nail Lacquer - A deep violet nail lacquer with long-lasting, high-shine finish.  The ultra-smooth formula provides chip-resistant color and intense shine for lasting results.
- Twilight - deep violet with shimmer

My favorite pieces of this collection are the deep plum shades, I must have the new Nail Lacquer shade even though I am way over the Twilight craze.  I wasn't aware that Laura Mercier even really made polishes, I have never used any shades from this line but I would love to try them out.  I have been on a major nail polish kick lately and now I have yet another brand to add to my obsession.  The other product that I love is the Cake Eye Liner which is also in the deep plum shade.  Both of these products will be added to my shopping list when I next head over to Sephora.

The rest of the collection is very pretty but most of the products can be skipped over.  I really like the face highlighter however I wonder how warm the shade is since it is laced with gold shimmer.  It is also is totally out of stock on the website so I will make a decision when/if the product comes back into stock.  The lipstick shades are great pinks and I am more interested in the Creme formula than the shimmer but I would be more likely to purchase a bright pink shade with a cream finish.  The last pieces that I am interested in are both of the lip gloss shades, I am hoping that the lavender shade is not too warm with the gold shimmer in it.

Laura Mercier has finally broken their record of collection misses for me, this is a great collection and I love how different it is from the rest of the traditional looking holiday collections.

photo courtesy of Laura Mercier

No comments: