Sunday, November 27, 2011

Harajuku Lovers Jingle G

I think that the Harajuku fragrances just keep getting worse and worse...  The Super G fragrance that came out this fall was one of the worst fragrances that I have smelled in the past few months and I must say that the newest fragrance from this company suffers from the same tragic fate.  Jingle G is the newest fragrance and of course it is themed toward the holidays even though I believe it came out in mid fall (right after the other fragrance from Harajuku).  This fragrance is more of an oriental fragrance than the others so I was hoping that it would be nicer than the past few.  I find that oriental fragrances are harder to craft than the simple fruity florals that this company has been churning out for the past years so this fragrance actually has the potential to be even worse than the rest of the collection.

Jingle G is the cutest little bottle and would be a great stocking stuffer for anyone who loves Harajuku fragrances or Gwen Stefani herself.  "Jingle all the way with Jingle G!  A warm, cozy fragrance, this fruity-oriental scent is perfect for nuzzling underneath the mistletoe.  Decked out in a festive red and white suit, Jingle G has a built-in hook in her cap that enables her to become a holiday tree ornament.  With a bright red hair bow and gold belt buckle to hold up her three-button suit, Jingle G is ready to celebrate the holiday dressed in festive style."

The description of this fragrance is very correct in that it is much warmer than the other fragrances.  This one reminds me of a version of Pink Sugar with a bit more of a floral note, I believe that this is close to one of the discontinued Victoria's Secret Pink fragrances.  The notes are: White Star Fruit, Gardenia, Tangerine, Honeysuckle, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Lace Benzoin Tears.  What are Lace Benzoin Tears?  I have never heard of this note or anything even remotely related to it. 

If I was a teenager or in the beginning of my college years, I might really like this fragrance but I can't make this fragrance work now.  This fragrance is a glorified version of a body spary that would appeal to a younger girl but I don't like this one at all on me.  The gardenia and vanilla notes are the strongest ones in this fragrance and this is combination that just doesn't work on me.

The Harajuku fragrances have been killing me lately and this is no expection.  I do wonder if this line is coming to an end since I feel like the fragrances are getting worse and worse.  I liked the originals but I feel like the new versions are beginning to get cheaper and cheaper.  This is really cute packaging and I love that it can be used as an ornament but I can't get past the fragrance inside the bottle.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: