Friday, November 18, 2011

My Current Favorite Products

The last time that I talked about my current favorites it was all about fall and the new shades and products that I have been using for the change of the seasons.  It is still technically fall and leaves are falling to the ground but we are all beginning to look toward to the holidays.  I am still wearing my fall makeup shades and fragrances but I am beginning to think about what products I will be switching over to for holiday parties. 

My current favorite shade is red, both for lips and nails and it plays a large role in my favorite products of the moment.  These reds have been working out very well for me all fall season and will go right into the holiday season and the winter months...

MAC Lipstick in Russian Red - "Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous."  Russian Red is described as an "intense bluish-red" and it has a matte finish.  This is the classic red lipstick and I see it on every blog and magazine.  It imparts a cool bright red lip with a long-lasting matte finish and I use it every single season.  This is the most flattering red shade that I have ever used and I recommend this shade to everyone that asks me about red lisptick shades. 
China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Heart of Africa - "China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long-lasting, chip-resistant, and resistant to color and shine fading.  Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary."  Heart of Africa is a deep cherry red with a bit shimmer to it, I just tried this one a few days ago and I fell in love with it right away.  It applies as a full coverage deep red in two coats and the shimmer finish is very attractive.  It stayed chip-free and shiny for about three days before I needed to touch it up.  The only drawback to this shade is that it didn't remove as well as I would have hoped and it left a bit of a red stain on my nails.  This is another one of those shades that works great in the fall months and will go right into the holidays.

MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink - "Sheer lip colour in a pearlized high-shine gloss finish.  Comfortable to wear: lush, multi-dimensional.  Gives a cool-warm, vanilla buzz to the lips.  Moisturizes, soothes, and visibly plumps the lips to make them look luxuriously healthy and well-conditioned.  Contains Vitamin E for added environmental protection."  Ample Pink is one of those lip glosses that works with any eye look and I originally purchased to work against a smoky eye.  This is a favorite gloss of mine and I pull it out all the time, this is one of the only products that I am in a position to need to repurchase within the near future.  This color is a "full soft rose" and it is perfect match for my skintone.  The plumper in it makes my lips looks like soft pillows and I always see guys looking at them when I wear it out on the town.  This is one of the best lip glosses that I have ever made.

Bath and Body Works Creamy Body Wash in Dark Kiss - "Our Dark Kiss Creamy Body Wash is the ultimate luxuriously hydrating body cleanser.  With rich, creamy moisture and a gentle kiss of fragrance, this pampering treatment works hard to nourish the skin while you shower.  With natural soybean oil and our exclusive Triple Moisture Complex of milk proteins, rice bran oil, and acai berry.  It leaves your skin feeling deeply moisturized and soft as silk.  You have to feel it to believe it.  Our exclusive Dark Kiss is a seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla to unleash your most primal passions.  Key fragrance notes: Sensual Incense, Mirabelle Plum, and Night Musk."  My favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance is a creamy, hydrating body wash that helps my skin to hold moisture in it in the shower.  My skin gets dry in the fall and winter and I always need to change to body washes and bar soaps that are made to not strip moisture from the skin.  This is a revamped formula from Bath and Body Works and is available in a wide range of fragrances to appeal to everyone.

Thymes Kimono Rose - "Kimono Rose is a modern floral collection that revels in true feminine sophistication.  Sheer and romantic, its vital essence is at turns playful and passionate,  a fragrant dance that glides easily from day to evening.  Effervescent clementine and voluptuous cassis tumble together on a creamy blend of satiny rose, white peony, and jasmine petals.  A gentle kiss of vanilla leaves a sheer, sensuous finish."  This is modern rose scent that works best in the cooler months, the base note of vanilla and the cassic note make the fragrance a deep, spicy version of rose.  This one is very unique and will appeal even to those who don't think that they like rose fragrances.  A few sprays of this lasts all day long and well into the evening.  It is a lovely way for me to bring my beloved rose fragrances into the fall and winter.

Fall is ending and now we are going to head into the holidays, the reds will still be a prominent part of my look through the month of December and all the sweet holiday body products are going to begin to work their way into my rotation.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: