Sunday, July 1, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature Colour

This is my last post about the MAC Heavenly Creature collection and hopefully you each have found a few pieces to add to your shopping list.  The Mineralize Eye Shadow in Universal Appeal will be topping my fall shopping list and I will be heading to my nearest counter to get my pre-order in before the actual collection release next Thursday.   We all know that I can't resist a MAC Lipstick especially if it is a red hue so I am excited to see what colors come out in both the Lipstick and Lipglass formulas with this collection release.  I may have just bought Red Racer from the Hey, Sailor! collection but I can never resist a red from MAC...

The rest of the Colour collection contains several more Mineralize products so fans of this formula can pretty much stock up on every product in the collection.  The Lipglass formula that is in this collection is the Cremesheen Glass, a formula that I have somehow never used but always admire my friend's bright pink gloss from this formula.  I wonder how long my shopping list from this collection will end up being...

"Discover a whole new, gorgeous galaxy of supernova shades.  On the surface they look marbleized, but on the skin they blend for stunning celestial effects.  The MAC Heavenly Creature Colour Collection features 4 Mineralize Skinfinishes and 4 Mineralize Blushes, orbited by 5 Lipsticks and 5 Cremesheen Glass." 

The rest of the Heavenly Creature Colour Collection!

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Cusp of Dawn - beige pink
- Pleasureseeker - creamy peach
- Cut a Caper - midtone peachy pink
- Venus - sheer yellow pink with pearl
- Fire-Sign - red pink
Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of MAC Lipglass.  Soft, comfortable, non-sticky.  Applies with a doe-foot applicator.  Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own.
- Celestial Kiss - pale cool peach
- Strictly Plutonic - midtone pink brown
- Meteroic - midtone vibrant coral
- Astral - bright yellow pink
- Galaxy Rose - midtone violet pink

Mineralize Blush - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application.  Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage.  Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous pearlized shimmer.
- Ring of Saturn - terracotta and gold melange
- Solar Ray - peach and gold melange
- Supernova - magenta and burnished gold melange
- Stratus - amethyst and gold brown melange

Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish.  Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Light Year - peachy pink with gold shimmer
- Center of the Universe - coral with gold shimmer
- Star Wonder - plumy pink with multi-dimensional pearl
- Earthshine - tarnished bronze with gold pearl and pink reflects

188 Small Duo Fibre Brush - A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour - fluid, cream, powder, or pigment.  Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures.  Made from a blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

187 Duo Fibre Brush - A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments.  Use to create soft layers or add textures.  Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.
My first question when I looked at this part of the Colour Collection and then at the model for the collection is "What color is on the model's lips?"  I don't see a deep berry hue in either the Lipstick or Cremesheen Glass formula.  The only conclusion that I can arrive at it is a combination of the Fire-Sign Lipstick with the Galaxy Rose Cremesheen Lipglass over it.  Or maybe the Galaxy Rose Cremesheen over another shade that isn't listed with this collection. 

Anyway...  I am only really craving one Lipstick shade from this collection, the Venus shade is a sheer neutral pink that I am hoping resembled the Way To Love shade from A Rose Romance.  I have been using the limited edition shade from A Rose Romance a lot lately and I need a new tube of this shade since it is the perfect "my lips but better" shade that works with every shade of makeup that I own.  The red shade in this collection is actually a shade that I don't need to own, it is more of a pink than a red and therefore will not be joining my line-up of red lip shades.  From the Cremesheen Glasses, I like the Astral shade, this bright pink cream is very close to the shade that my friend uses that I love.  Otherwise, I am considering the Galaxy Rose shade for the fall months but I want to play with it at the counter first because I really don't think that it was used alone in creating the look on the model.

The Mineralize products in this collection all contain too much gol,d for them to be flattering on my skintone so I will be skipping over them with this collection.  If there was a deep pink or rose melange then the result would be very different but I don't really like any of the shades as they stand.

Well this is the end of the Heavenly Creature collection and I have to say that MAC has started their fall offerings off on a great note.  My top pieces are: Mineralize Eye Shadow in Universal Appeal, Lipstick in Venus, and the Charged Water Moisture Gel.  I like a bunch of other pieces in the collection however these are the only three that are worthy of the pre-order for me.  If the others are at the counter when I go, then I will re-evaluate each of the pieces and decide what else that I want to take home with me.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: