Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bath and Body Works Love, Love, Love

Last month, Bath and Body works had one of their big Semi-Annual Sales.  These Sales really vary for me, some years I have bought stuff nearly every week or have skipped over it entirely.  This year  picked up a few hands soaps but pretty much skipped over everything else.  I have never been one for shopping on sale, I can't wait for things to go on sale since I always want new products and fragrances as soon as they come out.  I mostly use sales to stock up when my favorite scents are being discontinued.  Now that the Sale is over and all the stores are beginning to bring out the fall items, this is the time of the year that I get excited all over again for new products and fragrances.  I have been all over fall makeup collections since the beginning of the month and now I am going to start updating my fragrances and body products for the next season.

Love, Love, Love is the newest fragrance release from Bath and Body Works.  I know that it will be the first of many over the next few months, this company always releases a ton of great new products for the fall season.  Love, Love, Love is the newest fragrance in the Signature Collection and will join scents like Pink Chiffon and Sweet Pea in the floral fragrance offerings.  I only like a few of the florals from this company, Carried Away and Paris Amour are the only currnet floral scents that work with my skin chemisty.  Any of the sweet Signature scents do not work with my skin chemistry so I don't have high hopes for this scent, this scent looks to be too fruity and sweet for me.

"Somewhere between a fairytale romance and a magical dream, we find our lovely trio of sparkling white plum, pink peony, and glittering vanilla musk.  A sweet and succulent fragrance inspired by one-of-a-kind love."  This fragrance reminds me very much of Pink Chiffon, a fragrance that smelled nice in the bottle but completely turned when I sprayed it on. 

The top notes of the fragrance are: Succulent Berries, White Plum, Juicy Pear.  The middle notes are: Peony Petals, Lily of the Valley, Freesia.  The base notes are: Blonde Woods, Glittering Vanilla Musk.

When I sprayed this fragrance on, the berry notes immediately came out on my skin and the fragrance smelled like a stronger version of Pink Chiffon on me.  Next, the pear note develops and the scent becomes even sweeter.  For some reason, the floral notes never really develop on my skin and the next note that comes out is the vanilla.  This fragrance is way too sweet for me to pull off and I don't like the way that the fruit notes develop on me.  This scent would be better for someone who loves fragrances like Pink Chiffon and Sweet Pea and can wear sweet fruit fragrances.

This fragrance comes in the usual Signature Collection products; EDT, Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, and Shimmer Mist.  I was more interested in the new formula of the shower gel than in this fragrance.  I have used shower gels from this company since high school and I was really excited to see that the company has updated the formula to include Shea Butter. 

"Our exclusive formula is now enriched with Shea Butter, making it our richest, bubbliest lather that gives you softer, cleaner skin.  Moisturizing Aloe Vera and skin-loving Vitamin E combine with Signature Collection fragrances for lather that bursts with fragrance!"  When I saw the new shower gel formula, I was secretly hoping that Love, Love, Love would work for me since I can't justify buying any more shower gels from Bath and Body Works, I already own this product in every single scent that I would use.  I will have to hold off on this new formula until I need another shower gel or I find a scent that I want to use.

This scent is too sweet for me to pull off and I don't like the way that the fruit notes work with my skin chemistry, I will be skipping over every product with this scent.  This is the very beginning of the fall fragrances from this company so I know that I will find another one in the next few months and then I will try the new formula of the shower gel and find something new for the fall!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: