Friday, July 20, 2012

Sephora by OPI Nailed It! Set - Top 10 Best Sellers

The Sephora by OPI line has grown like crazy over the past few years, it started out a few years ago with only a few shades and quickly became one of the top selling lines in the store.  It has grown from a small rack of shades to the feature of the Nail Bar.  This line combines the top rated formula of the OPI line of polishes with the Sephora knowledge of colors and trends, a winning combination.  Over the years, this company has released a series of great sets with all kinds of polish combinations, some of the ones that are released at the holidays make some of the best gifts that you can give!

I just found a brand new Sephora by OPI set up on the Sephora website and this one might just be one of the best yet!  This set consists of the 10 top selling shades from this company, so this is a great introduction to the brand or makes a great gift for any lady who loves nail polish.  I love that the polishes are mini-sized, I personally can never use a whole polish up and usually end up throwing the bottle out before I can finish it.  Mini bottles would actually allow me to use the whole bottle up and gives me a range of shades to try out.  I wish that more companies would make smaller bottles of polishes in sets...

"A 10-piece collection of mini nail polishes in the most popular shades of the year.  Adorn your tips and toes with the best selling nail colors from Sephora by OPI.  From shimmery and glittery, to nude and electric, this collection will have you painted in the right colors all year round.  The purse-perfect size means you can change hues while traveling and easily share the delightful shades with your friends."

This set contains...

- Nonfat Soy Half Caff - sheer pale cappuccino
- Already Famous - sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter
- Havana Dreams - sheer pale sky blue
- Break A Leg-Warmer! - opaque charcoal gray
- It's Bouquet With Me - sheer violet with silver and holographic chunky glitter
- Bare To Be Different - sheer warm ecru
- Leotard Optional - opaque mocha brown
- Metro Chic - opaque dark smoke with a hint of purple
- I'm Wired - opaque electric coral red
- Mermaid To Order - opaque metallic turquoise greem
Of the shades that are listed above, the only one that I currently own is Mermaid to Order.  This shade is a turquoise duochrome that is perfect for the summer months.  I know that I have looked at many of these shades before, many of them were in limited edition collections and it appears that Sephora made some of the best sellers part of their permanent collection.  I love that they decided to keep some of the best sellers around and this is a concept that I hope that MAC catches on to at some point (though I give them kudos for many of the shades that they brought back for the permanent Nail Lacquer collection).  The shades that I want to try the most are It's Bouquet With Me, Metro Chic, and Havana Dreams, the last shade will work well this time of the year and the others will be great for the fall months.  Leotard Optional and Bare To Be Different are the only two shades that might not work out for me since they are both on the warmer side however eight out of ten is pretty good for a set of polishes.

This set makes a great gift for anyone who loves polishes, there is a great range of shades included and everyone will find multiple shades that work out for them.  Any of these are a great addition to the polish collection or this is a great set to help a younger girl start her nail polish collection.  I see this as a great gift for a girl who is just beginning to get into beauty products, there are so many shades for them to try and it will give them some ideas as to what types of shades are the best for them.

I love this set and I am really considering buying this set the next time that I go to the Sephora Nail Bar, I was at the store the other day and I didn't see it yet so I bet that it will be out within the next few days.  Looks like I have to make another trip to the store and to the Nail Bar!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: