Monday, July 2, 2012

Chanel Bombay Express de Chanel

Chanel has two fall collections up on their website, this small one and then the much larger and official fall collection.  Today we will start with the smaller of the two collections, as this one will be online only and I can see it becoming hard to find very quickly.  The smaller collection is named Bombay Express de Chanel and contains a series of gold hues for all areas of the face, this collection reminds me very much of the Las Vegas de Chanel collection that sold out quickly earlier in the year.  This collection was inspired by the hues of India, a country that was controlled by both the French and the English for hundreds of years. 

As I stated above, this collection is available only from the Chanel website so all of the product information and collection overview is from this source.  "A lavish makeup collection inspired by an opulent version of India."  All of the golds in this collection will work very well with the fall makeup looks and can be worn in the summer too.  I am most excited for the gold shade of Le Vernis in this collection, I haven't bought any gold polishes yet and I see that I have a gap in my collection that should be filled before the beginning of the fall months.

Here is the Bombay Express de Chanel collection!

Le Vernis - A glowing mix of pale gold and luminous silver recalls the traditional festival of lights with opulence.  Part of the limited edition Bombay Express de Chanel collection.
- Diwali - pale gold shimmer

Route des Indes de Chanel - This precious golden powder highlights cheekbones and eyelids with an iridescent touch.  An embossed motif recreates the brocade pattern from an Indian-inspired collection created by Gabrielle Chanel in the 1960s.  For precise application, a beveled sculpting brush accompanies the powder.  Part of the limited edition Bombay Express de Chanel collection.

Joues Contraste - This beautifully sunny earth tone awakens cheeks with an elegant glow.  Part of the limited edition Bombay Express de Chanel collection.
- 03 Brume d'Or - medium pink with warm gold shimmer

Rouge Coco Shine - Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine probides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture.  The formula glides on for easy application and a unique Hydratendre Complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance.  Available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to dazzling berries, with a hint of shimmer to enhance a glossy finish.
- 437 Empreinte - sheer warm gold shimmer

Illusion d'Ombre - This intensely shimmering long-wearing eye shadow offers true versatility.  An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as an eye shadow or eyeliner.  Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.
- 85 Mirifique - deep black

Le Crayon Kohl - Perfect for a smoky eye, this soft pencil quickly achieves a dramatic look.  A special blend of colour and pearl pigments provides a rich, intense line with a semi-matte finish.  Specially formulated to glide gently over the eyelid, the liner is safe for use in rim of the eye.  A companion sharpener ensures the pencil is always ready for lining.
- 61 Noir - black

Inimitable Intense - This technologically advanced formula builds on the success of the original mascara, delivering dramatic effects with a unique brush.  The result is a more intense lash look with the same easy application.  Lashes appear longer, thicker, and more curled, yet each lash, even the finest, is still precisely separated - without clumping, spiking, or flaking.
- 10 Noir - black

I really like this small collection and I am hoping that the pieces can be ordered relatively soon, right now the collection is just available to view on the Chanel website.  I want the new shade of Le Vernis this most, I will watching for when I can finally purchase it.  I have stayed after from golds in the past since I have been afraid that the shade is too warm to be flattering.  This shade is unique in that it is a gold base but still contains a hint of silver shimmer to keep the shade from being too warm.  This might just be the best gold shade that has been brought out so far this year.

I am on the fence with the gold powder, I would use it for eye makeup but not as much for my cheeks and the rest of my face.  I have a love-hate relationship with products that are so lovely that I would hestitate to ever use them.  The design embossed on this product is breathtaking but I am afraid that I would end up never using the product because I wouldn't want to spoil it.  Decisions, decisions...

I will be avoiding the lipstick shade, I will be able to pull off a gold nail polish but not a gold lipstick.  The same holds for the blush, I doubt that I would be able to pull off the warm pink shade.  The rest of the collection is not limited edition so I will be focused on ordering the nail polish from this collection and I will leave the rest of the products to the backburner and will buy them from the counter on my next few visits.

This collection is pretty but I must say that I am much more excited for the official fall collection and to see how I will be structuring my fall makeup look.  The Chanel fall collection is always among my favorites and I hope that I will not be let down this year!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: