Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Current Favorite Beauty Products!

In the middle of June, I did a Favorites list and I was on the fence about doing another one, I am still loving many of the products that were on the list and I didn't want to write up a list that was exactly the same this month.  I am still into keeping a great fake tan and making sure that I don't fall into the hot weather rut of simply grabbing the same products over and over again.  I have fallen into that trap for a few summers in a row and I refuse to fall into it again this year.  That being said, I still have some of the same favorites but my tastes have been changing over the past few weeks.  My self tan is now fully developed and I have fallen comfortably into that routine and have been choosing shades that complement it.  I stopped summer product shopping well over a month ago and am now beginning to collect shades that I can use both now and in the fall months or products that I am putting away for after Labor Day.

Being that I am really into the self tanning routine now, I am all over bright shades for my tips and lips to complement the bronzed look.  Illamasqua's Collide Nail Varnish was on my last Top Five List and it still tops this one, this neon pink is simply one of the best pinks and a consistent favorite of mine.  I believe that it will remain a favorite hue of mine all through the beginning of fall.

So what am I loving right now?!

China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Aquadelic - "China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading.  Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary."  Aquadelic is a shade that came out with the spring Electropop collection, this shade is a bright turquoise cream that pops out against a tan.  I initally tried this shade on my toes and was a bit hesistant to wear it on my hands during the spring months but now that summer is in full swing, I have been rocking it as much as I can.  I never fail to get compliments on this color and I get two to three full days of wear from this shade with very minimal chipping.  I love this shade and this is one of my summer favorites, I am very glad that I left my comfort zone and bought this at Ulta several months ago.

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Collide - "Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colours that stand out.  The formula is hardwearing and chip resistant and contains individual finishes from matte to high gloss.  Apply two coats for high intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.  Make a statement and talk with your hands!"  Collide is a "bright neon pink" with a satin finish.  I have been wearing this pink hue for about two months now and it is one of the few polishes that I turn to at least once a week.  This bright pink is very vibrant against my fake tan and simply screams "Summer!" to me.  I just bought a vintage Lilly Pultizer dress and this pink shade is the exact same shade that is used in the dress, yet another reason for me to love this polish!

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Body Vitamin Body Wash - "Our mint-infused body wash provides an invigorating sensation while cleansing and refreshing skin.  Wake-you-up formula deeply nourishes with Vitamins A, C, and E to keep skin extra-healthy and looking its best.  Infused with cooling peppermint for an invigorating experience."  This body wash and matching products are my savior during the hot, humid months of the summer.  The cooling peppermint oil acts like an air conditioner for your body and manages to cool me off even while I am still in the shower.  This wash is perfect for morning or night; in the morning, it helps to wake me up and help me start my day and in the evening, it helps to rinse all the sweat and dirt from the day off.  I also use this after going running and it is the perfect product for an after workout shower.  This product is best in the summer, it is too strong for any other time of the year.  This is one of C.O. Bigelow's best body product blends.

NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in Schiap - "A modern semi-matte lipstick that provides full-bodied, velvety color in a highly pigmented and non-drying formula.  Longwearing, full coverage finish.  Rich, vivid shade range from neutrals to high fashion hues.  Patened blend of conditioners and antioxidants hydrate, nourish, and protect lips."  Schiap is a "shocking matte pink" and works well with a bronzed or pale complexion.  I have been reaching for this shade when dressing up for day or night recently and it has taken the place of my beloved red lips for summertime drama.  I will be wearing it all the way through the fall since bright matte lips will remain a top trend.  This lipstick formula lasts for several hours and stays on well through eating and drinking.  The formula can be slightly drying after an hour or two so I do need a separate lip balm with it.  This is one of my favorite lipstick formulas and I add to my collection of them almost everytime that I head to Sephora.

Chloe L'Eau de Chloe - "L'Eau de Chloe is elegance injected with a modern twist.  It's an utterly innate sense of chic with the fresh feeling of springtime pastels, light dresses, and rose petals.  This smooth and comfortable fragrance is a toally addictive floral mix.  Made with 22 percent natural rosewater, the scent is fresh, carefree, and feminine with a delicate and lively mix of rose, floral notes, and green outdoorsy notes.  The notes of this fragrance are - Grapefruit, Cedrat, Peach, Violet, Rose Petals, Natural Water of Rose, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Amber."  I originally bought and reviewed this perfume earlier in the spring and had no room for it on my dresser.  Having finally used a few body products at the beginning of this summer, I cleared enough room to get it out.  This light floral scent starts out with the grapefruit notes and then goes quickly into the rose notes.  This is one of the few grapefruit scents that I really wear since it contains all the rose notes and rosewater in the  formula.  The fragrance develops into a floral mix of rose notes and the cedarwood that lasts all day on my skin.  I wear the original version of this scent all year but this version is special for the warmer weather months.

I know that we have been looking at the fall collections of the past few weeks but summer is still in full swing and I will be making use of all of my summer beauty products until Labor Day!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: