Friday, July 27, 2012

Dior 'Vernis Les Violets Hypnotiques - Shadow Nail Lacquer - Nordstrom Anniversary Event

Tonight we will quickly finish up my coverage of the Nordstrom Anniversary Event, I was going to cover it all yesteryday however the weather was not on my side and very heavy thunderstorms halted my blogging right in its tracks.  So we will finish up tonight with the newest products from Dior!

As I stated in my last post, I am going to write up a few posts of my favorite pieces of the Nordstrom Anniversary Event.  I have been most excited about the new color products from this event, I use this event to stock up on large sizes of skin and body products but I really look forward to many of the new and exclusive color offerings that come with this Event.  So far, we have looked at a brand new collection from MAC and a great set from NARS.  We now come to some great new polish shades from Dior, I have been waiting all summer to start collecting new polishes for fall and this will be a fantastic way to start shopping!

The polish collection is named Vernis Les Violets Hypnotiques, it is a range of violet and plum hues.  I have been collecting pinks for the spring and summer and now I think that I will be adding to my violet collection for the fall, I think that I only own only one or two deep purple jewel toned hues.  To further compliment these polish hues, Dior has released an eye palette and a lip gloss to match.  I will start with the polishes and then go right into the other shades.  I have been checking out plum and violet hues for my lips and eyes and I think that I have some major makeup shopping to do!

Here are the exclusive violet hues from Dior!

Vernis Les Violets Hypnotiques Nail Lacquer - Les Violets Hypnotiques is Dior's exclusive collection of hypnotic, elegant, and captivating purple nail lacquers.  Never before has the color of the new Dior Vernis displayed such lacquered and vibrant shine!  A cocktail of Shine and Sparkle Amplifying active ingredients directs pigments and pearly particles to enhance light reflection tenfold.  Once again, the array of enchanting shades created by Tyen reflect the spirit of Dior fashion shows.  Application is even easier with the new brush.  Dior Vernis also features a new chip-resistant formula that protects and embellishes the nails, day after day.
- Poison - a deeply enchanting purple
- Orchid - a sensual luminous plum
- Shadow - an intense, shimmering purple

Dior Extase Mascara - Magnify your lashes in a flash!  This plumping mascara visibly improves your lashes and delivers high-impact drama in a single stroke!  Featuring an exclusive dual-fiber tiered brush to define lashes, and an instant-volume formula containing exclusive Metamorphosis Powders that increase the size of your lashes 50% upon application, Spherical Black Pearl Pigments that wrap around each lash for 3D volume and a patented SR38 active ingredient that plumps lashes day after day!
- Plum - deep rich plum
Purple Revolution Eye Shadow Palette - Create the perfect smoky eye with a trio of shadow in a glamorously smoky violet harmony.  The innovative sliding palette reveals a soft, powdery base that perfectly prepares and colors the eye lid.  The eye shadow duo offers versatile effects like a matte finish for a natural, ready-to-wear style or a shimmering shadow for a couture finish.
- pale shimmering lilac/medium shimmering amethyst/deep satin plum

Addict Purple Revolution Ultra Gloss - Dior Addict Ultra Gloss features a featherweight formula with a flash-plumping, spotlight-shine effect.  Hyaluronic spheres keep lips smoother and moisturized, while mirror-like micro-pearls reflect light in all directions for a dazzling finish.  a shimmering lilac shade complements the look.
I love this eye shadow palette, this product will be a great base to help create a bright or deep purple eye this fall.  I haven't really purchased many purple shades lately and this palette will fill a huge shade gap in my collection.  I can use the light and medium toned shades right now in the summer months since bright eyes are popular and then just add the plum shade on the lashline come fall.  I think that this is one of my favorite pieces from the whole event.  I can skip over the mascara, I would rather buy this great formula in the black shade.  I didn't like Benefit's BadGal Plum Mascara so I don't see the point in buying another plum mascara shade.  I think that I will skip over the lip gloss too, I can't see myself making the purple lip gloss work.  A look of all purple hues would be too much for me and I don't know how I would pair the gloss with other makeup hues.

The nail polishes are the other product in this release that get me really excited.  I like all three of the shades but I think that Shadow is my favorite shade.  It is a very shimmery plum hue that I own nothing like.  I will be adding this shade to my polish collection!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: