Sunday, July 8, 2012

French Week 2012 - Introduction

It this middle of July and you all know what that means...French Week is here!  This is my annual tribute to the best of the French beauty products leading up to Bastile Day.  My visit to Paris was one of the best times of my life and I have studied French and the culture for years, I will return the country over the next few years.  French Week celebrates the iconic products that have come from this country and iconic style of the French.  I have long be in awe of the French women, their style and how they carry themselves. 

My current French style icon is the timeless Carine Roitfeld, the former editor in chief of French Vogue.  She personifies French style and fashion, looking fantastic in any situtation and allowing her personality to shine through.  One of the collections that I am most excited for this fall is her collaboration with MAC, I am already putting money aside for the release of it even though I have not yet seen any of the promo pictures or shades contained in it.

This year will feature some of my traditional favorite French brands; Chanel, Caudalie, and NARS.  The products will range from the perfect matte red lipstick to a self tanner that is worthy of the French Riviera to a fragrance that celebrates the history and culture of Paris. 
We will start with one of my current favorite brands - NARS!

photo courtesy of styleite.com

No comments: