Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stila Fall 2012 Collection

I don't remember Stila offering a traditional summer collection, I know that they brought out a few small new palettes but I don't remember seeing any brand new products or shades on their website.  However this company seems to be making up for the lack of new products over the past few months, they have just released their brand new fall collection.  As of right now, the new products are said to be exclusive the Stila website, however I found all them on the Sephora and Macy*s websites too.  The last product that I bought from Stila was a tinted moisturizer this spring, I loved the formula and I am hoping that I can find some more products to try with this new group.  Stila is always a company that I have liked but they aren't one that I immediately gravitate toward at Sephora.  I have always liked every single product that I bought from this company so I don't know quite why I don't spend more time at this counter. 

The Stila fall collection is a combination of new shades of some their best selling, cult products and several brand new products.  This collection is very typical Stila, there are some single products and several palettes and sets.  I am most excited for the new foundation and concealer formulas, after how much I loved the tinted moisturizer, I have very high hopes for this new formula.  I also see a very attractive eye shadow palette in this collection that I am very interested in trying out.

Stila's fall collection!

In The Know Eye Shadow Palette - Stila's original matte shades are back in this beautiful collection of eye shadows in universally flattering shades.  The In The Know Eye Shadow Palette contains 10 matte shades of Stila's award-winning eye shadows that flatter every skin tone and can be worn wet or dry.  The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Halfmoon, a matte charcoal gray shade, plus an eight-page look book with detailed application tips and tricks.
- Air - matte beige
- Driftwood - midtone brown
- Wind - soft matte peach
- Fire - matte brick
- Desert - soft matte tan with warm undertones
- Rain - matte brown
- Clay - matte warm light brown
- Smoke - matte charcoal gray
- Earth - deep matte chocolate brown
- Ebony - matte black

Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer - An oil-free, high definition, high performance foundation that stays all day and delivers a flawless finish.  Unique oxygen technology leaves skin hydrated, nourished, and helps prevent premature aging.  This dreamy formula glides onto skin and immediately goes to work to help minimize skin blemishes and imperfections.  It is also enriched with an array of skin loving ingredients, and unlike other longwearing formulas, includes a synergistic combination of botanical extracts that have been shown to help enhance circulation and blood flow, resulting in an increase in oxygen being delivered to the skin and letting skin breathe.  These innovative extracts also help to slow down the onset of premature aging and promote healthy, hydrated, and vibrant skin.  This multitasker also contains a creamy, full coverage concealer cleverly hidden inside the cap (along with a handy mirror) that instantly hides blemishes, dark circles, and age spots creating an impeccable canvas for flawless makeup application.  Available in a range of 16 shades to suit every skintone.

Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner - A new limited edition shade of Stila's best-selling Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in a stunning matte white, as seen on the runways at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.  This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place all day - no smudges, feathering, or running.  The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the beauty beginner, and delivers any look, from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke.  It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and stays in place until you say when!  Stunning matte white trend shade, waterproof and long-lasting Felt tip applicator for easy, precise application.  Goes on smoothly without skipping or pulling.
- Snow - bright matte white

Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner - Introducing a limited edition shade of best-selling Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in a striking white with shimmer.  This eye liner applies extremely soft and smooth with immediate color release and extreme payoff!  A perfect blend of pearls and intense pigment provide long-wear and excellent color payoff during application and a high content of volatile silicones and modern wax oil combinations make this innovative formula wearable and comfortable.  On trend shade Empress (white with shimmer).  Waterproof and long-lasting.  Smudge, transfer, and fade-proof.
- Empress - white with shimmer

Lip Glaze - New and beautiful shades of Stila's ever-popular Lip Glaze in our iconic click pen.  With just one click, you get a glossy pout with a hint of refreshing and delectable color.  Infused with Vitamins A, C, and E to keep lips hydrated and protected.
- Roseberry - light rusty red with gold pearl
- Pink Lemonade - nude pink
- Kaleidoscope - sparkling light pink
Lip Glaze Trio - Harvest - Inspired by the change of seasons and vibrant autumn colors, each Lip Glaze Trio contains an assortment of Stila's most popular lip gloss in three gorgeous hues that will add a splash of color and glossy shine to the lips.  The Harvest Set features three exclusive shades to keep your lips glossy and polished with one click of Stila's iconic pen.
- Orchard - deep warm rose with gold shimmer
- Twine - neutral pink shimmer
- Spice - deep bronze with shimmer

Lip Glaze Trio - Foliage - Inspired by the change of seasons and vibrant autumn colors, each Lip Glaze Trio contains an assortment of Stila's most popular lip gloss in three gorgeous hues that will add a splash of color and glossy shine to the lips.  The Foliage Set contains one bestselling shade and two new limited edition shades to keep your lips glossy and polished with one click of Stila's iconic pen.
- Delicate - medium cool pink shimmer
- Loganberry - medium berry with silver shimmer
- Fawn - deep cool plum with shimmer

There are two major items from this collection that I am really dying the try.  First of all, the new foundation formula looks great and based on my experience with the tinted moisturizer, this foundation will go to the top of my shopping list when I am shopping for a new formula.  Based on the description of this foundation, this formula should work well for me in the fall and winter months when my skin is much drier than usual.  I will wait a bit on this foundation and then I will try it out when I can reap the full hydration benefits.  The second item that I really craving is the Lip Glaze Trio in Foliage, this set contains three shades that look to be on the cooler side.  I love the rose and berry shades in this set and they will work so well with my skintone.

I initially wanted the eye shadow palette when I first looked at the collection however that was before I read that all the shades had a matte finish.  I want to play with the tester at Sephora before I make a decision on this product, some matte shades have an awful texture and that is why I often avoid shadows with this texture.  I have loved the texture of the shimmery Stila shadows before so I am hopeful that this will be one of the better matte eye shadow formulas.  I love the shades in this palette and I can see so many great combinations that I could make from it.  Neither of the liner shades really speak to me, I don't wear many light liner shades so I will be skipping over these.

The Harvest Lip Glaze Trio contains three shades that are too warm for me so I will not be purchasing these shades.  The three new Lip Glaze shades don't really do anytime for me either, two of the shades are rather generic pinks and the red contains too much gold shimmer for me to find it flattering. 

I really like this collection, the products in it are great selections for fall.  In particular, the two Lip Glaze Trio contains perfect shades for fall.  The eye shadow palette holds a ton of potential as long as the formula is up to the Stila standards and I have a feeling that it will be.  I will be picking up a bottle of the new foundation formula later on this year, a hydrating foundation will be my best friend as soon as the cold weather hits!

photo courtesy of Stila

No comments: