Thursday, July 5, 2012

LUSH Fair Trade Foot Lotion

Several years ago, my LUSh stash was huge.  I went to the store in Macy*s one day and just bought a massive pile of store and then I was consistently ordering from their website.  But since their product line contains many natural ingredients, every item has an expiration date and I decided to use down my stash of their products before all of them began to go bad before I got to finish them up.  That being said, my stash has almost completely depleted and the Fair Trade Foot Lotion is one of the last products that I have to use and review from this company.  I finally opened it up the other morning, it has mint oils in it so I decided to wait for the hottest months of the year to use it.  I have been using a lot of mint-based products for the past few weeks and I am happy that I have another one to add to my regime.

"Refreshing Arnica and Mint infusion for sore feet.  Put your feet up and treat them fairyly with our pinkest, perkiest, and mintiest foot lotion.  Our restorative cream for feet is made with mega moisturizing organic Fair Trade cocoa butter.  An added double dose of revitalizing spearmint and peppermint makes sore feet cool and helps to relieve aches and pains after being stuck in shoes.  Plus, we've added soothing arnica and marigold herbs to take away the weariness and get your feet ready for another day in the rat race.  Treat your feet fairly and slather on generously at the end of a long day." 

The cocoa butter comes from purely Fair Trade sources, it is good for both my feet and the world.  I love that LUSH goes out of the way to use the most responsible ingredient sources and isn't interested only in the profit margin of their products.  The combination of the two mint oils helps to really refresh feet at the end of the day and smells wonderful.  Lastly, the addition of the arnica oil helps relieve discomfort and aches. 

The texture of this product is a lotion, not a cream.  I wouldn't find this thick enough during the winter months or for feet that are very dry and cracked.  The mint oils create a tingling sensation on the foot which works well to help relax at the end of the day or to brighten up my morning.  The lotion is absorbed very quickly and doesn't leave a residue on my skin.  This is one of the few foot products that I have tried that I won't need to always use with socks, it sinks in fast enough that I could use it and then put flip flops on within a few minutes.  And of course I love that it has a pink hue, I can never turn down any type of pink beauty product!

LUSH almost never disappoints me, this is one of the best beauty product lines that I have ever used and this product is no exception.  I would recommend this lotion for use more in the summer months since the mint oil combination is so soothing and refreshing, you can use it in the winter but it is best when used in the warm weather months.  Likewise, with the light texture of this lotion, I wouldn't use it in the winter when my skin is so much more dry.  I love the scent of the mint oil however you will need to like this scent to use this product, if you dislike the scent or feel of the mint oils on your skin then this will be a product that you want to skip over.  And the fact that this lotion is pink just makes it all the much better in my opinion!

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: