Monday, July 16, 2012

China Glaze Fall 2012 Collection - On Safari

We have just finished up one of my favorite weeks of the year, I love looking at all kinds of French brands and products.  However we now are back to fall collections and looking at everything new that is coming at very rapidly.  In fact, having one week where I didn't touch new products or collections has left me with a list of new releases and collections to check out.  I have lots to catch up on!

One of the fall launches that I am most excited for is that of China Glaze.  Their summer collection came out so late that I never bought anything from it because I already owned every polish hue that I was going to buy for the summer months.  I find it interesting that their fall collection came out in early July, actually only one month after their summer collection.  Very strange timing on the part of this nail polish company...

On Safari is a range of deep fall shades for the nails and toes.  Ten of the shades are full pigment shades and the other are glitter shades that can be used either alone or as top coats.  I loved China Glaze's collection from last fall and I hope that this one is just as lovely.  I have been using bright hues for the past few weeks and I am now beginning to crave buying some deep jewel toned polishes.

Here are the shades in On Safari!

- Man Hunt - bright denim blue with a cream finish
- Exotic Encounters - medium muted teal with a cream finish
- Elephant Walk - medium cool gray with a slight silver shimmer finish
- Jungle Queen - deep gray purple with a silver shimmer finish
- Purr-fect Plum - deep berry with a cream finish
- Prey Tell - very deep red with a cream finish
- Adventure Red-y - deep blue red with a cream finish
- Call of the Wild - deep burgundy brown with a cream finish
- Desert Sun - medium orange caramel with a cream finish
- I Herd That - mixture of gold, copper, and red glitter
- I'm Not Lion - mixture of gold and silver glitter
- Kalahari Kiss - sandy beige with a cream finish

This collection isn't as strong as last fall's (at least in my opinion) but I still ahve some shades from it that I really want to own.  My favorite from this collection is the shades that I have pictured, I'm Not Lion.  This gold and silver glitter mixture is so unique and will work so well with many outfits for the fall.  I must have this shade since I can wear it now and then all next season!  My second favorite shade is Exotic Encounters, I love the teal cream shade.  I have teal shades but all of them have a shimmer finish and I love how the cream finish looks in this hue. 

After I purchase my two top choices from this collection, I have a list of other hues that I wish to own.  Man Hunt is a great blue shade that will match much of my wardrobe.  Elephant Walk is a great gray, I wear grays as neutrals all year long and this shade is seasonless.  I like all of the red and berry hues in this collection however they are not the most unique shades that are offered.  Adventure Red-y is my favorite red, it will work with all of my blue red lipsticks to create a ladylike look for fall.  I would buy both of the other reds but they don't excite me as much as the first one.

This is great selection of fall polish hues, there are some very unique shades and some that are slightly more office appropriate.  I have two top choices from this collection to add to my polish collection and I can't wait to start collecting new hues for the fall months!

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: