Thursday, July 19, 2012

NARS Fall 2012 Collection

NARS has finally released their fall collection, after teasing us for about two weeks with new pictures on their Facebook page.  I have been drooling over the pictures of the new lipstick shade and the all the new eye makeup, including the picture of Kristen McMenamy that was included to start off the collection.  McMenamy was a famed supermodel in the 1990s, the "Age of the Supermodel" and Francois Nars had worked with her for many years for print and runway shows.  I love the use of a real supermodel for this collection, I still miss seeing all the big supermodels all over Vogue and Allure and I wish that the "Age" would come back soon.
This collection is a mixture of very bold hues and subtle shimmers.  This collection screams "fall" and I love how different this one is from any of the summer collections that we had looked at several months ago, fall is completely different season and I personally dislike seeing bronzers included with fall hues.  "Bold.  Breathtaking.  Seductive" is the description of this collection.  This description is very simple and very accurate, it gets right to the point without mincing words.  NARS has been one of my favorite brands for years and so far this year, it has been in competition with MAC for my favorite makeup brand.  As of right now, it has been the brand that I have spent more money on this year than any other (MAC and Chanel are pretty close behind though) and I am hoping for some great new choices from this collection.  I am always tempted to click on the "Add All Items To Bag" icon on the NARS website...
Here is the long awaited NARS fall collection!

Trio Eye Shadow - A trio of harmonious, color combinations of eye shadow shades.  Worn alone or together, all Trio Eye Shadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing, and crease-resistant.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.
- High Society - lavender/matte forest green/iridescent amethyst

Duo Eye Shadow - Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eye shadow shades.  Worn alone or together, all Duo Eye Shadows feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing, and crease-resistant.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.  The effects can be subtle or smoldering - the options are endless.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function; use for shading, lining, and highlighting the eyes.  Classic, neutral, and fashion-forward shade pairings.
- Vent Glace - platinum/silver smoke

Blush - The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks.  Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion.  A light application of even the highest intensity hues deliver a natural-looking flush.  Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades.  Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application.  Iconic NARS shades.
- Outlaw - soft rose tone with golden shimmer

The Multiple - Francois Nars' iconic innovation, the original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips, and body.  Its unique, creamy formula and sheer color blends effortlessly to create shimmering accents, contours, or dynamic highlights on all skin tones.  Apply with fingers: the skin's warmth allows for perfect blending.  Mistake-proof color: quick and easy to apply.  Sheer, natural finish for eyes, cheeks, and lips.  Enriched with Vitamin E and acai oil for antioxidant benefits.
- Undress Me - ballerina pink with silver shimmer

Sheer Lipstick - A beautifully sheer formula infused with ingredients to improve the condition of the lips.  Sheer, long-lasting color pigments have been suspended in this translucent formula to provide a sophisticated shine.  Lightweight formula glides on smoothly.  Lush shade range.  Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants hydrate, nourish, and protect lips.
- Autumn Leaves - shimmering warm brandy

Larger Than Life Lip Gloss - Outrageously lustrous color meets high impact shine.  Dramatic, stay-in-place shades glide on smoothly and evenly for lips that are more luminous and voluminous than ever before.  High shine, high impact finish gives a dramatic effect.  Long-lasting, stay in place wear.  Infused with ingredients to nourish and fight free radicals while natural lip enhancers pump up volume.  Shorter-bristle brush delivers the most precise application possible.
- Rouge Tribal - metallic burgundy

Pure Matte Lipstick - Bright.  Bold.  Perfectly matte.  This super-rich lipstick provides high impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.  Contains wild mango butter, known to provide advanced moisturizing properties to repair dryness and scaling.  Enriched with Vitamin E and acai oil for antioxidant benefits.
- Amsterdam - garnet red
Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil - Gorgeously glossy color in a jumbo lip pencil.  Spectacular shine in an innovative, lightweight formula and enriched with Vitamin E plus a blend of moisture-rich hyaluronic spheres that make lips appear fuller.  Ultra-smooth, buttery feel on lips.  Contains Vitamin E, hyaluronic spheres, and phytosterol esters: ingredients known to moisturize, increase hydration, and improve barrier function.  Convenient, easy application.
- More - auburn

Opaque Nail Polish - Fashion-forward and classic NARS Nail Polish shades impart incredible luster and prolonged gloss retention with UV protection to prevent polish discoloration.  An advanced polymer system provides extended wear and a durable, chip-resistant finish.  Modern, iconic shades.  Long-wearing, chip-resistant.  Toluene, formaldehyde, and DBP free.
- Storm Bird - shark gray

I have a lot of top picks from this collection!  I really love the new shade in the Duo Eyeshadow, this shimmering combination of charcoal and silver will be great for the fall and this isn't a combination that I normally jump for but I really love this duo.  I don't own near as many silver makeup items as I own gold so this duo will create a whole new look for me this fall!  This duo is jumping to the top of my shopping list.  I like the shades in the Trio however I don't know that I must own this piece.  I love the iridescent amethyst shade in this trio however neither of the other shades really jump out at me, it would be better for me to find a single eye shadow that is close to this shade.
This lip shades in this collection get me really excited for fall - these are the hues that I have dreaming of since I first did my Fall Trend Preview!  I love the Pure Matte Lipstick, the garnet red shade is slightly deep than many of the cool blue red shades that I currently own and I will want to buy this shade as soon as possible.  I don't believe that I have a red in my collection that is this hue and it would actually fill a hole in my red lipstiick collection.  I am on the fence about the Sheer Lipstick shade, it looks lovely in the picture.  However I do wonder how sheer this lipstick really is, I would love this shade in a full pigment lisptick but I will need to see the application of it before I go one way or the other.  I an currently trying my first NARS Sheer Lipstick and it is not highly pigmeted, so I don't think that this shade will be exactly what I want.  The lip gloss hue is a bit too warm for me so I will be skipping over it.

Lastly, The Multiple has me very interested this time around.  This is the first time that I have seen it offered in a pale pink with a silver shimmer, usually I worry that the hues in the product are much to warm and bronzy for me but this one is completely different.  I will need to play with this one at the counter too.  The blush shade is a bit disappointing, I love the deep rose hue but the gold shimmer wouldn't work as well for my skintone as it would work for others.  I will be looking for another blush with this hue that has a matte finish.  Of course I like the nail polish shade however I already own Illamasqua's DWS so I don't really need this new shade.

This is my favorite collection that I have looked at so far and I think that it will be among the top collections for fall.  This is exactly the type of fall collection that I have been craving for about a month now!

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: