Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kat Von D Saint and Sinner Painted Love Lipstick Set

My love of Kat Von D eye makeup palettes is very well known, I have considered them to be the best product in her whole line for several years now.  Anyone that has been following this blog from the beginning will be a bit surprised when I talk about wanting this lipstick set, I originally hated the lipstick formula that came out with the introduction of this company and I have never used it since.  I would never have been attracted by this set except that is so cute and I love the little lipsticks.  In addition to not having been a fan of the original formula, I have already stated that the last beauty products that I should be buying for the end of summer and fall is any type of lip product since I have been buying them regularly since the beginning of the spring.  However, I have read that the lipstick formula from this company has changed very much in quality and pigmentation since the onset of the product line and I am looking forward to trying both it and this set out.

The Kat Von D is exclusive to Sephora and therefore that is the only place that this set will be available.  I have been living at the Sephora store closest to me every since the Nail Bar came out and I will be heading into the Kat Von D aisle the next time that I visit the store.  "A six-piece mini-lipstick set for the perfect pout in any situation.  This set of six purse-friendly lip colors comes in a beautiful assortment of neutral and bright shades, with finishes that vary from matte to foil.  The innovative, high-pigment formulas give you a burst of color and long-lasting results.  Natural moisturizers and antiaging properties keep lips soft, healthy, and total kissable."

I see that Adora is part of this collection, this looks like the original shade that I wanted the most when the collection released.  I was very disappointed when I tried this original shade because I was expecting a bright matte red and this shade turned out as pink-red with little pigmentation when I first tried it out.  I am really hoping that what I have read about the formula being changed around is true.  I do remember that I was not the only person that had issues with the lipstick formula when it was released.  Over the next few months, I do remember never seeing this lipsticks at the counter and then in the next year, they came back to the counter.  Something is telling me that this is when the formula was re-worked but I have no documentation on this change.

The shades that are in the set are...

- Agatha - mod peachy pink
- Cathedral - spiced pinkish brown
- Forever Never - metallic golden peach
- Adora - shimmering candy apple red
- Backstage Bambi - hot pink
- Stiletto - orange red

With the exception of Forever Never, all the shades in this collection appear to be on the cool side and will be flattering to my complexion.  Adora looks a deeper red with a shimmer finish and Stiletto appears to be a brighter red with yellow undertones so I will more likely to pull Stiletto right now and then keep Agatha for the fall season.  If Forever Never really doesn't work for me then I will give it to a friend and use the rest of the shades in the set.  I will have to try this shade with a clear lip balm (to sheer it out) while I am tanned and see if I can pull this shade off in the summer months.  Agatha and Cathedral look as those they will be easy to pull off with any eye makeup look and will work well with a natural look in any season.  Last but not least, Backstage Bambi looks like a great bright pink shade to add to my line up of pink lip hues!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: