Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chanel Fall 2012 Collection - Les Essentiels de Chanel

Earlier this week, we looked at the smaller of the two collections that have just popped up on the Chanel website and today we look at the collection that promises to be one of my favorite of the entire year.  As soon as I get to the end of the summer collections, I immediately begin thinking about what the Chanel fall collection and will look like and begin stalking their website for it.  As of this week, I have not yet seen it at the counters (at least the one nearest to me in Macy*s did not have any of it out) and I know that many of the pieces will sell out very quickly so I must move fast to get what I love the most in the first round of shopping.  When I did my Fall Trend Preview post, I posted a photo of the model for the collection, the smoky eyes and plum lips will work very well for me and are making my long for fall so that I can put some of this makeup look to the test!
The official fall collection from Chanel is named Les Essentiels de Chanel, in English this translates out to "the essentials of Chanel".  These are the shades that many women will build their fall makeup look around and many high end and drugstore makeup lines will set out to replicate.  "A chic makeup collection inspired by Coco Chanel's iconic essentials."  This collection is rather large and contains products for use on every area of the face, if I had to make an early choice I would have to say that I am most excited for the eye makeup shades products that will be part of this collection and also the new shades of Le Vernis.  I can see myself shaping a good amount of my fall makeup purchases around this collection...

The fall collection that I wait for all year!

Lumiere d'Artifices Beiges - Designed to extend a summer glow, this limited edition duo of lighter and darker beige shades - enchantingly rendered to resemble sequins - blends together harmoniously for a subtly iridescent complexion.  Part of the Les Essentiels de Chanel collection.
- pale warm shimmering beige/medium warm shimmering beige

Joues Contraste - Unique powder blush offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, and imparts a flattering radiance to cheeks.  Remarkably silky texture ensures an easy application of seamless colour.  Applied high on the cheekbone, or near the eyes, it instantly 'lifts' and softens the face for a more attractive look.
- 72 Rose Initiale - medium shimmering cool rose

Perfection Lumiere - Effortless to apply with seamless blendability for a naturally flawless effect, this breakthrough foundation is the ideal all-day, everyday formula - suitable for all skin types in a diverse range of 20 shades.

Les 4 Ombres - One essential compact offers unlimited eye looks, with shade combinations that range from matte to satin to shimmer.  Versatile smudge-proof formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense colour, all with long-wearing results - even in extreme climates.  Dermatologist tested.
- 38 Premier Regard - medium bronze shimmer/pale champagne shimmer/medium gold shimmer/deep warm satin

Ombre Essentielle - An instant Chanel classic, this ultra-fine powder eye shadow is sensuous in feel, foolproof in application, and fabulous in its range of matte, satin, and shimmer finishes.  The versatile formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense colour - and the complementary shades can be blended with one another to lighten or deepen tone.
- 93 Complice - pale pink shimmer
- 94 Eclaire - medium gold satin
- 95 Furtif - medium gray matte
- 97 Infini - pale gray shimmer
- 69 Black Star - medium charcoal shimmer
- 47 Ebony - warm black matte

Stylo Yeux Waterproof - Waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner delivers long lasting defintion with the twist of a wrist: Colour winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't.  Gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining.  A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes.
- 88 Noir Intense - deep rich black
- 87 Silver Light - shimmering bright silver

Inimitable Intense - This technoliogically advanced formula builds on the success of the original mascara, delivering dramatic effects with a unique brush.  The result is a more intense lash look, with the same easy application.  Lashes appear longer, thicker, and more curled, yet each lash, even the finest is still precisely separated - without clumping, spiking, or flaking.
- 40 Rouge Noir - deep burgundy plum

Rouge Double Intensite - Glorious long-lasting colour paired with high-shine gloss delivers full-coverage colour that lasts all day.  Glossy top coat imparts brilliant shine and superb hydration, while the innovative fluid texture of the base colour coat applies smoothly, comfortably, with perfect adherence to lips - and no transferring or feathering.
- 34 Alamandine - deep wine cream
- 04 Rose Quartz - medium blue pink cream

Rouge Coco - Chanel presents a modern interpretation of the classic creme lip colour as a homage to the rich life and legacy of 'Coco' Chanel.  New lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application, and features a Hydratendre complex to help soften, soothe, and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smoother, and healthier-looking appearance.  A range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer.
- 45 Caractere - medium cool plum cream
- 40 Charme - medium pink coral cream

Rouge Coco Shine - Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine provides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture.  The formula glides on for easy application, and a unique Hydratendre complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance.  Available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to dazzling berries, with a hint of shimmer to enhance a glossy finish.
- 73 Chic - medium sheer nude
- 74 Parfait - light sheer blue pink

Levres Scintillantes - Gorgeous shimmer and high-shine glow is delivered effortlessly to lips with just one stroke of this best-selling lip gloss.  A wide range of shades, from sheer and natural to sparkling and rich, look beautiful on their own, or over your favorite Chanel lipstick.  Equally beautiful: the conditioning formula's comfort and long wear.
- 297 Sweet Beige - sheer pink beige with natural shimmer

Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss - Chanel reveals a new generation lip gloss - with colour so rich and shine so intense, it could only be inspired by the iconic lipstick, Rouge Allure.  Bold colour combines with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear and deeply dramatic effect.  Lips feel comfortable - never sticky or tacky - and look luminous, full, and sensuous for hours.  The double-sided, flocked applicator is beveled to deliver ultra-precise definition.
- 68 Troublant - medium plum cream
- 67 Caprice - medium blue pink cream

Le Crayon Levres - Enchance the shape of your lips and give them perfect definition with this creamy-textured pencil.  Long-lasting, full coverage colour with a semi-matte finish glides on to softenand soothe lips, and ensures lipstick stays in place while extending its wear.  Makeup-artistry touches for the most professional-looking result: a built-in brush for blending and a lip pencil sharpener for precise application.
- 54 Amarante - deep brown
- 34 Natural - nude

Le Vernis - Classic and trend-defining shades for the runways of Paris.  State-of-the-art formula strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers long-lasting, high-shine, chip-resistant colour.  Applies evenly without streaking.
- 563 Vertigo - deep gray black with shimmer
- 561 Suspicious - medium pink red cream
- 569 Frenzy - light taupe with frost finish

I am already plotting when I am going to being home from the counter when they get it in stock.  My first choice from the collection is Le 4 Ombres, I love the combination of the bronzes and the golds that are in this palette and they will be perfect for the fall season.  I have beebn seeing some great eye palettes already for this season and I am wondering how many I will end up buying before the end of fall.  In addition to the palette, I love the Eclaire shade of the single eye shadow.  To round out the eye makeup from this collection, I want both of the new shades of the eyeliner pencil.  I want to try the mascara formula but I would not use the shade that comes in this collection, I would purchase the product in a black shade instead.
I am on somewhat on the fence with the lip shades featured here.  I like the lip shade that the model is wearing, I am assuming that it is the Rouge Coco in the plum shade.  I like the shade in the tube and on the model but I consult with the makeup artist at Chanel to see how this shade will work with my skintone.  I feel that it will work better when my tan is gone so this would be a shade that I would save for the fall months.  I like both shades of the Rouge Coco Shine, these sheer shades will work well for me all year round and with many different eye makeup looks.  The lip gloss shade is pretty but it is nothing that I must own so I will skip over it for the other products in this collection.  The Rouge Allure gloss excites me very much, I feel like this is a product that Chanel had brought out in the past and now it relaunching with this limited edition collection, I want the deeper of the two shades for the fall.

This is one of the first times that the Le Vernis shades have done nothing for me, all three of them are nice but I don't find them very unique and I am more likely to skip over them in favor of some new Butter London or Nails Inc shades. 

I like this collection a lot and I believe that it will be one of the stronger fall collections.  Overall, this is a nice Chanel collection but I think that last year's was much nicer and was more on point with the trends that were all over the runways.
A few days later...  I went to my counter to buy two Illusion d'Ombre Eye Shadows and I have now seen this collection in real life.  Let me start by saying that many of the pictures on the website do not do this collection justice.  The Le Vernis shades look totally different in real life, Vertigo is a deep gray black with red shimmer, it shines a different shimmer shade in every single light.  I bought this polish on the spot.  The Joues Contraste shade is very pigmented and a great pink choice, this one is going on my shopping list for fall.  My thoughts still remain consistent on the rest of the collection but I never thought that I would have bought the Vertigo shade after playing with it for less than five minutes!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: