Sunday, July 29, 2012

Urban Decay Fall 2012 Collection

I feel like I have been waiting for a new collection from Urban Decay for months now!  Wait...I have been!  Urban Decay released a new product or two for the summer but nothing that I would consider a collection and I haven't really been buying new products from this company for the past few months.  I used to purchase regularly from Urban Decay (almost every single time that I went to Sephora or Ulta) but I haven't bought anything from this company since I ordered Naked 2 in early winter.  I am hoping that this company introducing some new products will change that!  Urban Decay completely revamped their eye shadow formula in early summer and it is on my list of products to pick up and try however I have been using through many of their old palettes recently and just haven't bought any new shades yet.  I have been going back and forth between using Naked 1 and Naked 2 over the past month and keep falling back in love with these two palettes, these two palettes are still the best two that I have ever bought and I hold that view that you will want and need both of them (if you have colored eyes).  So I have some eye shadows to buy from this company and I bet that this fall collection will respark my interest in this company's product line!
To anyone that has been a fan of Urban Decay, it will come as no shock that the hero product of this collection is an eye shadow palette.  Urban Decay always releases new eye shadow palettes and I end up buying almost all of them since the shades and formulas are top notch.  I still love every palette that I have ordered from this company and will never regret purchasing any of them.  I love them so much that I have been purchasing them as gifts for friends and have been converting even more people to Urban Decay eye makeup.  The first product that was released at the beginning of this month was the Smoked Palette, a smoky eye version of the Naked palettes.  I have a feeling that I will end up adding this to my collection especially since I am shopping mostly for new eye makeup this fall!

I found the collection on both the Sephora and the Urban Decay websites as of this morning, I will be pulling all of my information from the Sephora website.  The Urban Decay website is not agreeing with my computer this morning and I am also willing to bet that there will be at least one or two new products that are exclusive to Sephora. 
The newest collection from Urban Decay!

Smoked Eye Shadow Palette - A palette of ten eye shadows for creating a range of smoky eye looks.  An Urban Decay take on the always-popular smoky eye, this 10-shadow palette includes traditional black and gray, as well as modern-colored hues for smoky eyes.  Each velvety shade features Urban Decay's new shadow formula and proprietary Pigment Infusion System, allowing infinite depth to your eye looks, whether you commit to an all-out nighttime smoky or just apply a hint of sultry color for daytime.  This shadow arsental comes with a comprehensive how-to booklet by the brand's co-founder Wende Zomnir, who inspires even smoky-eye pros to try something new, and teaches shadow newbies in simple, easy steps.  A full-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and travel-size Eye Shadow Primer Potion are included to ensure a rock-solid result no matter how you get smoked.  The new Pigment infusion eye shadow formula imparts richer and smoother color, more velvety texture, blendability, and even longer-lasting results.  The palette comes packaged in an arresting black metallic zippered case with mirror.
- Eye Shadow in Kinky - soft ivory matte peach
- Eye Shadow in Freestyle - light matte nude
- Eye Shadow in Mushroom - shimmering warm gray
- Eye Shadow in Backdoor - deep matte brown
- Eye Shadow in Barlust - deep warm metallic gold
- Eye Shadow in Rockstar - deep warm metallic plum
- Eye Shadow in Evidence - deep shimmering navy
- Eye Shadow in Loaded - deep shimmering green
- Eye Shadow in Asphalt - deep gunmetal gray with large silver glitter
- 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Perversion - matte blackest black

Eye Shadow Primer Potion - Vintage Threesome - Sephora exclusive.  A limted edition three-pack of primers that give you more than 24 hours of vibrant, crease-free eye shadow.  All three Primer Potion formulas deliver long-lasting unstoppable eye shadow and each can be used alone or in combination.  Shadow junkies even use all three together.  Original dries invisibly and will not alter the color or texture of your eye shadow.  Sin is a flattering champagne shade that can be used as a universally wearable highlighter, as well as a primer.  Greed is a rich, metallic gold for all-out glamour to peek out from beneath your shadow, or to highlight corners of your eyes.  This pack features Urban Decay's vintage genie-shaped bottle, all together for an unbelievable value. 

Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup - A weightless and virtually invisible liquid foundation that creates a luminous, demi-matte finish.  The formula helps skin achieve a natural, illuminated, and bright finish - like the beautiful skin you were born with.  Naked Skin is formulated with light-diffusing spheres, transforming you to look professionally retouched.  Buildable coverage allows women to customize their look.  Available in a meticulously calibrated range of shades, Urban Decay's precise shade numbering system does poetic justic to both warm tones (ending in '.0') and cool tones (ending in '.5').  The finish is matte, never flat, and luminous, but not shiny.  This makeup loads skin with a list of nourishing ingredients including: Matrixyl 3000 (a powerful anti-wrinkle peptide), protective, and brightening Litchiderm, antioxidant Green Tea and Sodium Hyaluronate for optimal skin hydration and nutrient absorption.  Naked Skin is suspended in a sleek, sophisticated pump bottle, allowing more control and less waste of product.

Brightening and Tightening Complexion Primer Potion - An oil-free, skin-brightening moisturizing primer than contains wrinkle-reducing Matrixyl 3000.  Dull skin?  Fine lines?  Disappearing foundation?  Try Brightening Complexion Primer Potion under foundation (or alone!) for beautifully moisturized skin that looks brighter and and feels tighter.  This lightweight, oil-free, never-greasy formula includes the buzz worthy ingredient Matrixyl 3000 - celebrated for its ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  Hyaluronic Filling Spheres also minimize the look of fine lines while leaving skin beautifully moisturized.  Your skin will look youthful and lifted and your foundation will slide on smoothly, evenly, and last longer.  The convenient squeeze tube includes a twist-up dispenser for easy portion control.  Two unique finishes of Complexion Primer Potions are available.  For flawless, airbrushed skin, try the Pore Perfecting formula.  The formula is vegan and paraben-free.

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color - Urban Decay's creamiest, most sumptuously pigmented lip pencil.  This formula delivers all the opaque, saturated, high-impact color of your favorite lipstick and an arresting high-gloss finish in one chubby pencil.  And with a dynamic bright to deep shade range in creamy and sparkly textures, the runway-ready possibilites are endless.  Even the glittery hues in this collection of high-gloss lip pencils feel smooth on your lips (and leave not a trace of sparkle grit).  This conveniently portable pencil's high-gloss shine can be blotted for a more stain-like effect, but no matter how you wear it, the color lasts.  Free of mineral oil and paraffin, this formula contains plant-derived ingredients that nourish lips.  Because the barrels and boxes are color-matched to each shade, locating the color you want is easy, even in the deep, dark depths of an oversize tote.
- Naked - nude pink sheen

This is just the collection overview for the moment, I can see that each of these products will take more diving into when I actually purchase them and can play around.  My first purchase from this collection will be the Smoky Eye Palette, I don't feel that just giving an overview can justify an Urban Decay palette.  This purchase will also me to test the eye shadow formula and decide how it compares to the older one.  Secondly, I will want to buy the new foundation formula as soon as I run out of the product in my current bottle, this formula sounds fantastic and I haven't ever used a foundation from this company before.  Lastly, the Complexion primer will need to be bought and tried since I am very consious of my skin in the fall and winter months.  In the middle of winter, I feel like my skin takes on a gray cast and looks even paler than all the snow outside, this brightener could really help to prevent this.  Lastly, I want the new shade of the lip pencil, Naked is my favorite shade of their lip gloss already and I want to try the new formula.

Looks like I have a Sephora visit to make!!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: