Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2012 Collection - Caviar and Oyster

Thanksgiving is this week and that means that the holidays are really here and the parties will be beginning soon.  I don't have an major plans yet that I will need to buy new makeup and products for (finals week doesn't need new eyeliner!) but I am hopeful that I have to do some holiday makeup shopping very soon.  The Bobbi Brown counter holds a special allure for me every single time that I visit Macy*s and I am very excited to see that they have released their holiday color collection.  I loved their Desert Twilight collection for the fall months and now I really want to see what comes out for the holidays, Bobbi Brown is one of the best overall makeup collections.  This line contains products and shades for everyone and the quality is almost always impeccable.  I would love to buy more from this brand than I already do and I plan to start getting involved with their skincare line in the near future too.

The new holiday collection is named Caviar and Oyster.  This is the holiday color collection, a separate gift collection was released however I am much more interested in the individual products at the moment.  I have already began to order some gifts for my friends from Sephora and I am more looking for items for myself now, I am about halfway done with my gift shopping and don't really need to find more gift sets and palettes at the moment.  Caviar and Oyster might be one of the best holiday color collections that I have seen so far this season and it will be one of my favorites. 

Caviar and Oyster is described as "Tough Luxe" and it contains tons of silvers, charcoals, and foils for the eyes.  The lips are going to be covered in shades of shimmering lip glosses and I see that the new nail polish product will be back for this collection.  The nail polish is a newer product for this company and I am very happy that I am seeing it come out again in this collection, I would love another nail polish brand to collect even though I really don't need one. 

The newest from Bobbi Brown!

Caviar and Oyster Palette - rong and smokey or soft and pretty? There's no need to choose with Bobbi's beautifully-edited selection. Featuring eight shadows and a luminescent skin enhancer, this mirrored palette makes it easy to create a multitude of party and special occasion looks. Taking a cue from the look of something pretty against something edgy, the set includes rich caviar and pearlescent black shades. Introducing the standout star of the season, Ballet Sparkle, a shimmer so sheer it can be worn on both eyes and cheeks (without ever looking overdone).
- Eye Shadow in White - pure white
- Metallic Eye Shadow in Sandy Pearl - silver mauve
- Metallic Eye Shadow in Plum Steel - gray plum with silver pearl
- Sparkle Eye Shadow in Pearl Oyster - warm silver with sparkle
- Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Pink Opal - pearly white-pink
- Eye Shadow in Gray Sky - light gray
- Eye Shadow in Heather Gray - medium gray violet
- Eye Shadow in Rich Caviar - rich brown-black

Dual-Ended Mascara - Designed to be layered, this two-in-one duo features Everything Mascara for definition and Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara for length. It's Bobbi's secret to megawatt lashes-and part of her Caviar & Oyster Collection.
- Black - true black

Brightening Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine. This sheer, reflective formula wakes up your face and helps create the illusion of fuller lips, plus the new tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro. Wear alone or on top of your favorite Bobbi Brown lipstick.
- Moonlight Pearl - silver pink mauve
- White - transparent white

Shimmer Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine. Shimmer Lip Gloss offers beautiful, non-sticky shine with a touch of iridescence and is perfect on its own or over your favorite lipstick. Formulated with Aloe Extract to soothe and soften lips; Vitamins C and E for anti-oxidant protection; and Jojoba and Avocado Oils to moisturize lips.
- Pink Oyster - shimmering neutral pink pearl
- Black Pearl - dusty mauve

High Shimmer Lip Gloss - Bobbi's new lip gloss combines gorgeous, light-catching shimmer with lasting, non-sticky shine. Made with fine pearls and clear pigments, High Shimmer Lip Gloss stays color-true and gives lips beautiful, brilliant dimension. Plus it's enriched with emollients and Vitamins C and E to moisturize, condition and protect lips, so they feel as good as they look. Whether you wear it on its own or on top of your favorite Lip Color, the new tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro.
- Oyster - iridescent pink shimmer
- Uber Suede - midtone golden beige

I love this collection, this is up there with my favorite five collections of these season.  My favorite piece of this collection is the Caviar and Oyster Palette, this contains all kinds of shades that will help me create a shimmering smoky eye and I will use this palette for any holiday party that I am invited to and then for the rest of the winter months, this might be one of the single best products that has come out this season.  This palette is reason enough for me to visit the counter, I just hope that it is still in stock by the time that I get there (tomorrow is Black Friday and I am not venturing to the mall for a makeup palette).

I also love many of the lip glosses in this collection.  My favorite is the Brightening Lip Gloss in Moonlight Pearl, this shimmering pink lilac is very unique and I own nothing like it in my collection.  This is one of those shades that can only really be worn by ladies with pale, cool skin and since that would be perfect for me, I will be buying this lip gloss.  I also want to buy the Shimmer Lip Gloss in Pink Oyster, this neutral pink shimmer will be a great shade for me for every season and I will wear it will all kinds of makeup looks.  Lastly, I want the Oyster lip gloss from the High Shimmer Lip Gloss line.  This iridescent pink shimmer will be lovely for dressing up.  All of these lip glosses will work in the winter months and then will still be perfect all through the spring months and into the summer.  Love this collection!

photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: