Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Buxom Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara

I have just finished up the tube of the Lancome Hyponose Doll Lashes Mascara that I started using at the very beginning of October, I have been going through mascara like crazy the past few months as I continue to be obsessed with creating huge lashes.  I typically had to use two to three full coats of the Lancome formula to get the lashes that I want and then I ended up going through the tube faster than usual.  When I ordered that mascara from Sephora, I also ordered the newest formula from Buxom. I had loved the original Buxom Lash Mascara when I first bought it several years ago and it has remained a favorite of mine.  Therefore I was very excited when I saw another version of this mascara and ordered it as soon as my mascara stash began getting on the low side. 

The original Buxom was one of the few mascara formulas that could give me the huge, thick lashes that I am obsessed with and performs among the best formuals from Benefit and Dior.  The new version of this mascara is the Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara, a mascara with a "S" shaped wand to help this formula create really large and defined lashes.  I have used this mascara for the past three days and so far I have been really happy with the results that I have been seeing. 

This brand is exclusive to Sephora, this is only place that the products can be purchased (I have also seen them at free-standing Bare Escentuals stores too).  " A vitamin-rich, lash-nourishing mascara with a unique “S” shaped brush.  Consider Sculpted Lash Mascara as lash artistry at its best. The “S” shaped brush grabs and thickly coats each lash, allowing you to sculpt, shape and style for a full-on, fanned-out effect. The nutrient-rich formula coats each lash from root to tip, ensuring your volume and shape lasts all day with no clumping or flaking."  This mascara is available in one shade, True Black, and it is a deep black hue.

Since the brush is so unique, Sephora has provided instructions on how to get the best use from this product.  "Hold the wand with tip down so that the outer “U” shaped curve of the brush contours to the outer curve of your lashes.  Sweep through lashes, while slowly turning brush for ultimate volume and shape.  Then, use the angled tip to maneuver into those hard-to-reach inner lashes.  The finishing touch: with tip pointed down, tap the brush along lower lashes to coat."

Following the instructions is key for the best results from this product, I do skip over the last step since I don't do my lower lashes but the first three create the best use of this product.  The first step is key, the upper curve on the outisde creates volume at the outer corner of the eyes.  This step makes my eyes look bigger and more open, while the formula creates the huge lashes that I crave.  This brush is harder to work with than the original, it took me several tries to get it right.  The first time that I used it, I created a mess of clumpy lashes and had to use a comb to get them sorted out.  The next time, I used it slightly slower and was able to avoid the clumps.  For daytime use, I do one coat of this product and then save the second coat for more drama.  After I have finished the initial coats, I use the tip of brush to touch up individual lashes that I amy have missed the first time around and then use the tip just to add an extra coat to the very outer corner lashes.  This usage creates a great result from this mascara and makes me very happy.

Removal of this formula is the worst aspect, eye makeup remover only gets about 75% of it off and the rest smeared all over my under eye area.  This isn't the worst formula that I have used for removal but I don't love how much effort it takes for me to get it all off at night.

I have finally found a mascara formaul that makes me happy, however I was expecting this formula to be a winner for me since I have loved the original since I first tried it out.  This formula is one of the best for those of us who love big, dramatic lashes.  This brush is harder to work with than the original but the results are much better for opening up and bringing attention to the eyes.  I have found another mascara that I can consider a top choice for huge lashes and I really recommend it!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: