Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tarte Holiday 2012 Collection - Baby It's Bold Outside

I have been buying new products from Tarte more than usual over the past year and I am still as excited about the new cream eye liners that I have been using from this company as the day that I first tried them out.  I want to buy more of these and hope that new shades will be coming out in the spring and summer months, now I want to try more from the Amazonian Clay collection of products and my next purchase will be several shades of the blush that is spiked with this ingredient.  I am so excited that the new holiday collection is now up on the Tarte website and I am going to be seeing what I want to order from it! 

This collection contains several limited edition sets and then one or more limited edition single products.  The best products from Tarte are usually sets, they offer some amazing sets and palettes every single season, I have a very hard time trying to resist new palettes from Tarte (still love my True Blood palette!) and I have been really happy with every single product that I have used so far from this brand. 

Baby It's Bold Outside is the holiday collection and here is the overall description from Tarte website.  "A bold splash of the season's most irresistible colors, luxe shining gold, and worldy patterns make this limited edition collection Tarte's most collectible ever."

Here is the new crop of great products from Tarte!

Mistletoe Must Haves 24/7 Lip Sheer Trio - These moisturizing, budgeproof lip sheers will keep lips looking soft and smooth with a hint of tint under the mistletoe and 24/7 throughout the holiday season. Set includes 3 shades: dawn (sheer golden nude), monday (sheer red) and friday (sheer berry).  All the lasting power of a lipstick--with the moisturizing, high-sheen properties of a lip gloss! These budgeproof, moisturizing lip sheers with added SPF 15 give a "your lips, but better" effect that makes them perfect for when you want a kiss of color without looking overdone.

The Perfect Pink Holiday Exclusive Lip Stain - Give a little tint this holiday season with this limited-edition tarte.com exclusive cheek stain in “the perfect pink”. tarte’s award-winning and best-selling cheek stain gives you a gorgeous, natural flush in a gel or cream consistency.  This lightweight glow-getter imparts a natural flush – like someone just pinched your cheeks! Get the look of love and an instant pop of soft & dreamy color by applying this to the apples of your cheeks. Unlike traditional stains that are hard to apply, this goof-proof tint melts into skin easily and gives you 20 seconds of blending time before it sets in place for all day wear.

The Stand Outs Limited Edition Best Sellers Kit - A limited-edition best-sellers kit is a mix of best-selling products in shades hand-picked by tarte founder Maureen Kelly and the tarte team.  Must haves for playing up your best features are all inside the giftable box—designed especially for the tartelette with gifts to give and stockings to fill!.  Here’s what’s inside: Amazonian clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze, Double-ended eyeliner brush, LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Pouty, Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes!™4-in-1 Mascara.

Limited Edition Picture Perfect Curler and Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara - A limited-edition "Baby, It's Bold Outside" exclusive curler and mascara set featuring Tarte’s Picture Perfect™ eyelash curler and Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes!™ 4-in-1 Mascara.  Our best-selling eyelash curler is dressed to the nines this Holiday season with an exclusive “Baby, its bold outside” print silk-screened around the handles for a bold, colorful pop—making it the ultimate collector’s piece to display on your vanity. The curved angle and wide mouth suits all eye shapes without pinching or crimping. Lights, Camera, Lashes!™ 4-in-1 Mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes, and conditions for dramatic, thick and sexy lashes.

Fantastic Foursome Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Enthusiast Set - A limited-edition blush enthusiast set featuring tarte's award-winning and best-selling blush in four deluxe sizes of brand NEW universally flattering shades.  This set contains a neutral pink shade, a bright petal pink shade, a bright coral shade, and a medium bronze shade.

Eye Catchers Six Piece SmolderEYES and Skinny SmolderEYES Collector's Set - A limited-edition collection of Tarte's eye catchers featuring 5 FULL SIZE pure, powerful and pretty SmolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liners in NEW must-have colors (ash violet, rainforest black, gold, champagne, and gunmetal) and the worldwide launch of skinny SmolderEYES™ in onyx.

Statement Lips Five Piece Lip Surgence Collector's Set - A limited-edition LipSurgence™ collector’s set.  Each emotive shade in this limited-edition LipSurgence™ collector’s set (including 2 of the tarte team’s favorites + 3 brand NEW colors).  2 LipSurgence™ Lip Uints (the original formula, for a natural flush): in elite (sheer melon) & enchanted (sheer rose).  2 LipSurgence™ Lip Lusters (for a high dose of glossy color and shine): in sweet (shimmering peachy pink) & escape (shimmering pink).  1 LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint (for a rich matte finish): in exposed (nude).

I am a bit unhappy that there is no real palette in this collection, I was hoping to have a few palettes to choose from and therefore more than one that I can order!  I do like many of the sets but I was hoping for another palette that I could use and give my True Blood palette a bit of a rest, already some of the shades are getting used up and I haven't yet seen perfect dupes of them in any other Tarte sets. 

I want both of the lip product sets on this collection, both for myself and then an extra or two to give to my friends as gifts.  All of my friends love getting lip gloss sets around the holidays and I will be picking out a few from this collection and then one from the Stila collection and then give them out to my friends.  I need to start an order from this collection very soon and start getting my gifting list ready to go, I love to see the looks on my friends' face when they unwrap lovely lip gloss sets. 

In addition to the lip gloss sets for myself, I want to order the limited edition shade of the Tarte Cheek Stain and perhaps the blush set too.  I want to try more of the Tarte products and I think that the next area for me to play around with is getting into their blush and then face products.

Overall, good group of gifts in this collection and you will find a few things for any of the ladies on your list.  I do wish that there was some great palettes in this collection but that wish will not come true, unless there are some Sephora only products that I haven't found yet.  Fingers crossed!

photo courtesy of Tarte

No comments: