Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tarte Call of the Wild Amazonian Clay 8 Shadow Collector's Palette

I have been doing lots of shopping on the Sephora website lately and I am trying to spend the majority of time looking for gifts for other people and not adding too many more products to my collection.  I keep finding more gifts that I want to unwrap myself on Christmas morning and I am not getting quite as much shopping for others done as I am trying to.  I have gotten a pretty slow start to my gift shopping and I need to change that as we are heading into the beginning of December...

However this post is about another top pick of the gifts that I want for myself!  We already looked at my favorite gift of the whole season, that amazing Lorac gift set and today I have found a Tarte Amazonian Clay palette that I want to add to my collection.  To be fair, this would also make a great gift for anyone on your list who loves makeup or needs a bit of a boost to her current makeup look.  Tarate has become one of my favorite color brands over the past year and a half and I continue to be excited about and impressed by every single product that I buy from this company.  This is truely one of the best quality line of makeup products that are sold at Sephora!

This palette that I am looking at for myself is named the Call of the Wild Amazonian Clay 8 Shadow Collector's Palette and the shadow contains in this palette are very versatile and I can see them working very well with many different types of makeup looks.  This is a palette that will work for multiple eye colors and skin tones and these are among the reasons that I think that this will be a great gift to give to a friend or to keep for yourself.

So far I have only seen this palette on the Sephora website so that is where my information is coming from.  "A fearless and sophisticated eye shadow palette featuring nature’s most perfect ingredient: Amazonian clay.   Each Amazonian clay eye shadow delivers the perfect amount of creamy matte perfection or subtle shimmer while Amazonian clay works to nourish lids, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture for easy application and better, longer, truer wear. Everything you need to create a complete eye look that is sleek, sexy, wild, or mild is inside including a full-size mirror for flawless application."

The eye shadow shades are:

- Meow - medium bronze shimmer
- Jungle - deep matte brown
- Instinct - pale matte champagne
- Wild - deep brown shimmer
- Primal - medium matte slate gray
- Roar - deep matte navy
- Call - medium matte peach
- Lynx - medium matte taupe

I think that this might be Tarte's answer to Urban Decay's top selling Nake palette line.  The shades look like most of them would be best for colored eyes and could all be mixed together to create all kinds of great neutral eye looks.  I will admit that I already own a lot of shades that are similar to these but I know that I will use there so much that it is worth me ordering this palette.  This palette is already out of stock at Sephora and so I am hoping that it comes back in stock in time for me to order it for the holidays!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: