Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

As I stated several days ago, I have already began to get my skincare regime for the winter started and have been checking out and trying out some new products.  Toners are not a product that I typcially use and the only reason that I am trying this one from Clinique is that I received it in the last Clinique that I got.  This toner is aimed at dry skin types and therefore this might be the only toner that would work for my skin types.  Typically, toners only make my skin drier and feel worse than ever before and I can't use them at any point in the year.  I can only use them for the hottest and most humid days during the summer and even then I only use it to get any excess makeup off at night.  For me, a toner is only a product that I would use to get any excess makeup residue off, I don't use it to help refine pores or to get an extra deep clean.  Toner is one of the few skincare products that just does nothing for me.

As I stated above, if any formula will work for me, then it will be a formula from Clinique and the one that is targeted for dry skin.  Clarifying Lotion 2 is the product that I received in the gift with purchase that contained items recommended for dry skin.  I haven't used all three pieces of the Clinique 3-Step Skincare regime at the same time, I have used the moisturizers by themselves and with other products and I have never tried any of the cleansers that fall into this collection.  I have always liked the hydrators that I have gotten from Clinique and any of the treatments that I have purchased from this company too.  I have to say that Clinique is one of my favorite lines for skincare products and has one of the most consistent product ranges. 

The Clarifying Lotion 2 is made to refine the texture of skin and get any makeup residue off while not overdrying skin.  "A gentle, oil-free exfoliating lotion for dry or combination skin.  This second step in Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System is a true difference-maker for great skin. Developed by Clinique's dermatologists, the smoothing formula whisks away flakes and refines pores to reveal a clearer complexion. The cool, refreshing formula removes dead cells from the surface of the skin helping moisturizer and makeup to apply evenly."

The Sephora website suggests that this product can be used twice a day, I could not use this more than once a day and that is only when I really feel that I need it to get all my excess makeup off.  With the amount of foundation, primer, and concealer that I use almost every single day, I often wonder if I am able to get all of my makeup off every night.  I have considered purchasing a Clarisonic but I have read all kinds of reports from people who save it changed their lives and people who needed extreme treatments by a doctor because it messed their skin up so badly.  I keep putting this purchase off but toners just aren't doing it for my skin...

And neither did this toner!  I used it once a day after cleansing at night.  My skin was so tight and dry after using it that I needed to slap moisturizer on right away.  My skin actually hurt after I used this toner and now I know that my skin just cannot handle a toner.  If it can't handle a formula like this, I just give up on toners in general since this product is targeted for dry and sensitive skin...  I will be putting this product away until July and then I will give it another shot but this is not a product for me.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: