Friday, November 16, 2012
NARS Holiday 2012 Collection - NARS and Andy Warhol
Some of the products in this collection have already been released and some have not. I have referred back to my original post about the color collection from Sephora and I will only note any different products in this post about the NARS collection. It appears that the sets in this collection were never on the Sephora website and there are a few palettes that are just on the NARS website. On the flip side, I do not see some of the products on here that I saw on the Sephora website so if you want to collect every single product in this collection then you will need to visit both websites.
I am not going to rehash all the details about this collection. NARS uses the products and shades in this collection to pay tribute to the great 20th century artist Andy Warhol, best known for works on Marilyn Monroe and Debbie Harry. All of the colors in this collection are bright and will draw lots of attention to the wearer.
Here is the NARS exclusive products in the NARS and Andy Warhol collection!
Silver Factory Set - Inspired by Andy Warhol’s Silver Factory studio, this dynamic set captures the essence of the superstar-saturated scene of glamorous rebels and downtown divas. Set includes the following:
- NEW Silver Factory Multiple — aluminum
- NEW Shadows Trio Eyeshadow — matte black, bright deep purple, silver
- NEW Chelsea Girls Pure Matte Lipstick — innocent flesh tone beige
- Desire Blush — cotton candy pink
- Via Veneto Larger Than Life Eyeliner — black
- Blush Brush
- Large Domed Eyeshadow Brush
- Deluxe cosmetics bag
Edie Set - Exploding on the scene like a comet, Edie Sedgwick was the quintessential sixties ‘It Girl’ and Andy Warhol’s most memorable muse. Presented in an authentic 16mm film canister, NARS celebrates Sedgwick’s iconic style with superstar essentials. Your world is your screen test. Set includes the following:
- NEW Film Star Pure Matte Lipstick — 60s nude pink
- Edie Eyeshadow — cream with a little bit of shimmer
- Carpates Eyeliner Stylo — black
- Mini Blush Duo in Deep Throat and Amour — flirty, sheer peach and peachy pink
- 16mm film canister
Beautiful Darling Set - The ultimate blond bombshell and Andy Warhol’s greatest actress, Candy Darling thought beauty was a duty, and worked harder at it than anyone. NARS commemorates Candy’s legendary look with a silver deluxe cosmetics bag filled with tools for making your mark and doing your beauty duty. Set includes the following:
- NEW Candy Darling Mini Nail Polish — electric pink
- NEW Femme Fatale Duo Eyeshadow — sheer white shimmer and fresh mint green
- NEW Woman in Revolt Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss — hot pink
- Small cosmetics bag
Photobooth Nail Set - Andy Warhol believed a trademark look was essential to achieve superstar status. Certain to make its mark as a cult classic, NARS’ exclusive polish set smolders in camera-ready shades—from tomato soup red to scintillating silver. Set includes the following:
- Back Room -- Black
- Soup Can -- Vivid red
- Chelsea Girls -- Modern beige
- Silver Factory -- Aluminum
Self Portrait Eye Shadow Palette - Portrait of the artist as a perfect palette. NARS celebrates Andy Warhol’s legendary painting, Self Portrait, 1967 with three ranges of eyeshadow palettes, each printed with a classic Warhol philosophy. "I believe in low lights and trick mirrors." -- Andy Warhol.
- Self Portrait 1 - black, bright periwinkle blue, vibrant green
- Self Portrait 2 - black, white, silver
- Self Portrait 3 - dark brown, rose pink, heather blue
My favorite piece of this part of the collection is the large set that I have pictured, the Silver Factory Set. This very large set includes every type of shade that I would need to create dramatic smoky eyes to go out to all the upcoming holiday parties. I have used many NARS eye shadow shades that help to create this type of look and I have loved pretty much every single one so far so I have very high hopes for this wonderful set.
I want two other items in this collection, both are sets (the eye palettes do nothing for me). I love the Nail Polish set, I love that the bottles are small and all of these shades would be in my regular polish rotation. The Edie set contains come great neutrals for me and I would use this set more in my professional life rather than for going out.
I was hoping for a bit more from the NARS exclusives but I do love three of the sets that are part of this collection and I will be doing some shopping soon...
photo courtesy of NARS