Friday, November 30, 2012

Clinique Holiday 2012 Collection - Party Red Lips

The holiday collection from Clinique is very small but it looks like the pieces inside of it will be ones that I fall madly in love with and that I will want within minutes of finishing up this post!  This collection's name just speaks for itself - Party Red Lips!!  I love red lips and everyone that reads this blog knows how much I love to wear a matte red lip look and that I tend to collect red lip products from almost every single brand out there.  I don't currently own any full pigment reds from Clinique and I am very excited to see what this brand offers.  Lately I have been buying more skincare products from this company but I am more than happy to add some color products to my bag the next time that I go to the counter.  I have been using the berry hues in my Almost Lipstick and they are fast becoming some of my favorite lip shades, I hope that more shades in this product keep coming out over the next few seasons...

This collection contains only lip products and shows us how to use all different Clinique products to help create multiple party ready lip looks.  The last products that I should be purchasing are lipsticks and lip glosses but I know that I will find a few items that I can't resist from this holiday collection.  "Three ways to create a festive new lip look with dazzling shades of red."

Here are the three red lip looks from Clinique!

Cherry Red - Slip it on when you're feeling flirty, or need a pop of pretty colour to brighten your look.  Line and fill in the lips with liner, then apply Chubby Stick.  To amp up the shine, dab Long Last Glosswear in the center of your lower lip.
- Long Last Glosswear in Juicy Apple - Lip gloss juiced up with 8 hours of lasting shine. Spends every minute comforting lips. In 18 glistening shades from sheer to full intensity. Moisture makes each one even more mouth-watering. Welcome to our juice bar.  Juicy Apple is a sheer red punch with a cream finish.
- Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Mightiest Maraschino - Tempt lips with a soft cushion of colour that's not quite sheer, not quite opaque-just the perfect happy medium. Loaded with mango and shea butters so lips feel comfortably soft and smooth. Eight vibrant shades in all.  Mightiest Maraschino is a deep sheer red with a cream finish.
- Quickliner for Lip in Rich Red - All-day lip liner. Use to line and define lips or smooth all over lips before lipstick application for extended wear. Non-drying formula helps keep lipstick in place. Prevents lipstick from feathering and bleeding. No sharpening required.  Rich Red is a true bright red.

Deep Red - Chic with jeans, glamourous with a little black dress - its versatility makes it timeless.  Line lip edges with soft dashes.  Apply Lipstick with Lip Brush, blending it gently for a rich coat of color.
- Quickliner for Lips in Tawny Tulip - All-day lip liner. Use to line and define lips or smooth all over lips before lipstick application for extended wear. Non-drying formula helps keep lipstick in place. Prevents lipstick from feathering and bleeding. No sharpening required.  Tawny Tulip is a tawnied brick red.
- Lip Brush - The professional way to shape and fill in lips. Retractable brush distributes colour evenly. Handle provides optimum control. Ideal for precise definition and coverage. Unique antibacterial technology helps ensure the highest level of hygiene.
- Different Lipstick in Angel Red - Different because of its smooth, comfortable feel. Moderate coverage in a remarkable range of shades, from cream to pearl. Every one packed with rich emollients.  Angel Red is a sheer blackened red with a cream finish.

Red Violet - If you love pinks and violets, this shade will give you the red lip look while staying in your comfort zone.  Apply liner all over lips, lining first then filling in completely.  Top with Almost Lipstick for a glossy finish.
- Quickliner for Lips in Crushed Berry - All-day lip liner. Use to line and define lips or smooth all over lips before lipstick application for extended wear. Non-drying formula helps keep lipstick in place. Prevents lipstick from feathering and bleeding. No sharpening required.  Crushed Berry is a intense pink/violet.
- Almost Lipstick in Luscious Honey - Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.  Luscious Honey is a sheer reddish-pink with a cream finish.

My favorite look is the Cherry Red, we all knew that would be and now I want to start collecting some new lip products from Clinique.  My choices from Cherry Red are the Lip Gloss in Juicy Apple and the new formula of the Chubby Stick in Mightiest Maraschino.  I have not yet tried this product however I had a Chubby Stick lip product from them in high school and I used it down to the very last nub...it was a great product so I imagine that I will like this formula as well. 

The Deep Red is my second favorite of the look, I want the Different Lipstick in Angel Red.  This sheer deep red will be a great way to wear red lips in my everyday professional makeup look.  I have been using MAC's Ladybug for the look right now but I wouldn't mind having another shade to work with in the morning.  The last item that I want from this overall collection is the Almost Lipstick in Luscious Honey from the Red Violet look.  I love Almost Lipsticks and want to add another shade to my collection.

I really like this little collection but only because I really love red lips.  I could see this collection not being quite as exciting if your tastes in makeup are very different from mine...

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: