Monday, November 19, 2012

OPI for Sephora Holiday 2012 Collection - Tinsel Town Collection

It looks like another trip to the Sephora Nail Bar will be in order very soon, the OPI for Sephora collection has released their holiday collection and I am so excited to see what these products and sets look like this year!  This was one of the best collections last holiday season and I loved both the sets and the single polishes that were offered.  I do remember being a bit disappointed in one of the largest sets, I expected it to contain all small bottles of the polishes from the holiday collection and it actually contained all small bottles of the some of the best selling shades from the traditional line up.  There wasn't anything wrong with the set, it contained some very nice shades but I was just really excited to buy a set that contained all of the holiday shades and I was very disappointed that I wasn't able to do this.  I hope that I will see a different type of set in this year's collection...

I get very excited for the nail polish collections that released sets containing many small polishes.  I know that for myself, I typically get about halfway through a traditional sized bottle of nail polish and then get sick of the shade and stop using it.  Several weeks later if I still haven't touched the bottle, then I end up throwing it away in order to make room for more polishes in my collection.  I feel bad almost every single time that I throw a traditional sized bottle away and that is why I would prefer to buy smaller sizes.  I don't feel quite as bad thowing away a very small bottle of polish since I am wasting less product and I will usually get almost 100% of the way through the bottle before I get sick of the shade.  I am really excited to see if this collection contains at leat one or two set that I will pick up.  I see two sets that contain a full range of shades in small bottles and I plan to buy at leat one of the sets!

The collection description is found on the Sephora website and talks about what inspired the Tinsel Town collection and what sets it apart from the rest of the holiday polish collections.  "'“This collection is inspired by the glamorous style and alluring mystique of Old Hollywood’s most elegant starlets,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive Vice President and Artistic Director. “Just like Greta Garbo and Audrey Hepburn so beautifully lit up the silver screen, the shades in Tinseltown will light up your nails and add instant glam, sparkle, and style to your look.”'  I love Audrey Hepburn and the mention of her in this collection description gets me instantly excited!

Here is the Tinsel Town collection!

Tinsel Town Eight Piece Set - A festive eight-piece set of Sephora by OPI minis.  This amazing set will get you ready the holidays with a mix of Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades, and basics. It’s an ideal gift or little personal treat for yourself.  Sephora by OPI nail lacquers are long-wearing, chip-resistant shades. As always, these formulas do not contain dibutylphthalate (DBP), toluene, or formaldehyde.
- Mr. Right Now - opaque classic wine
- Merry Me - opaque red with micro red glitter
- Keep Me On My Mistletoes - opaque champagne gold with fine glitter
- Bare To Be Different - sheer warm ecru
- Chamomile-ion to One - sheer pink beige with fine gold glitter
- Thyme For a Mani - opaque light khaki
- Mash-Up - opaque metallic green purple duo chrome
- If You've Got It , Haunt It - opaque black with chunky glitter

Tinsel Town Two Piece Set - A duo of mini polishes that will get you ready for the holiday season.
This amazing set pairs Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades, and basics. It’s an ideal gift or little personal treat for yourself.  Sephora by OPI nail lacquers are long-wearing, chip-resistant shades and as always, DibutylPhthalate (DBP), toluene, and formaldehyde-free.
- The Way Tutu His Heart (opaque light pink)/ If You've Got It, Haunt It (opaque black with chunky glitter)
- Curve-Aceous (opaque metallic cool candy apple)/ Looks Like Rain, Dear (opaque gold with fine and chunky iridescent glitter)

Tinsel Town Collector's Set - A dazzling set that features 16 mini nail colors plus a full-size jewel top coat.  This amazing set will get you ready the holiday occasion with a mix of Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades, and basics. It’s an ideal gift or little personal treat for yourself.  Sephora by OPI nail lacquers are long-wearing, chip-resistant shades. As always, these formulas do not contain dibutylphthalate (DBP), toluene, or formaldehyde.
- I'm Wired - opaque electric coral red
- Already Famous - sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter
- A True Romantic - sheer cool light pink
- What Aura Gonna Wear? - opaque hot pink
- And a Cherry On Top - opaque vivid maraschino
- S-Age Is Just A Number - opaque chrome gold with two tone effect
- I Think I Cayenne - opaque metallic red-orange
- Read My Palm - opaque light jade green
- Just a Pinch of Glitter - opaque charcoal fine glitter with chunky silver glitter
- Just a Little Dangerous - opaque metallic amethyst
- I Don't Bite - opaque soft purple with fine holographic glitter
- Thyme For a Mani - opaque light khaki
- Meet Me At the Disco - clear with medium silver and iridescent glitter
- Leotard Optional - opaque mocha beige
- Merry Me - opaque red with micro red glitter
- Break a Leg Warmer! - opaque charcoal gray
- Only Gold For Me Top Coat - clear with chunky and micro gold glitter

Tinsel Town Four Piece Set - A quartet of Sephora by OPI mini lacquers in fun, festive, and versatile shades.  This amazing set will get you ready the holiday occasion with a mix of Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades, and basics. It’s an ideal gift or little personal treat for yourself. Sephora by OPI nail lacquers are long-wearing, chip-resistant shades and as always, DibutylPhthalate (DBP), Toluene, and formaldehyde-free.
- Already Famous - sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter
- What Film Noir You In? - opaque metallic rich deep magenta with fine shimmer
- Dear Diary - sheer warm light pink
- Metro Chic - sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter

Nail Colour - Fashion-forward, wearable nail colors for the modern woman who is looking for an effective, safe, environmentally conscious brand.  Sephora by OPI Nail Colour, a line of 54+ trend-setting shades, puts the final touch on fingertips and toes with a top-quality formula you have come to expect from OPI. The long-lasting, chip-resistant polish ensures flawless results with each application, and its green ingredient list excludes DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.  Sephora by OPI combines the quality and color expertise of OPI, the world leader in professional nail color, with Sephora's reputation for the latest in beauty and sophistication.
- Is She For Reel? - opaque smoky gray with fine silver and gold iridescent glitter
- Here's a Lilac at You, Kid - opaque chrome bue violet with two tone effect
- What Film Noir You In? - opaque metallic rich deep magenta with fine shimmer
- Ruby Without a Cause - opaque chrome wine-burgundy with two tone effect

Jewelry Top Coat - A brilliant finishing touch that acts like jewelry for your nails.  Add a dazzling glimmer to your tips. Suspended inside an irresistible clear top coat are glints of glitter. For a subtle jeweled effect, apply one coat to bare nails or over your favorite nail color. For a little extra sparkle, apply multiple coats.  Sephora by OPI brings together two extraordinary companies: Sephora, the world's authority in beauty, and OPI, the leading manufacturer of professional quality, chip-resistant nail products. Sephora by OPI nail products are always free of Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Toluene, and Formaldehyde.
- Hollywood If I Could - clear with pink/purple/blue tinsel glitter
- Come To Paparazzi - clear with chunky and fine gold/orange/black glitter
- The Golden Age - clear with chunky and fine gold/silver glitter
- Light, Glamour, and Action! - clear with chunky and fine gold/silver/teal glitter
- Mauve-ie Star In The Making - clear with chunky and fine pink/purple/gold glitter

I see that the big sets are not the holiday shades again and that really started this collection off on the wrong foot for me, I know that I can't have everything but I would really just love to have a set of all kinds of small bottles of the pretty, festive shades that this collection releases every holiday.  I guess that I will be skipping over both of the huge sets this time around and just get the smaller sets that have the full size bottles.  I am semi-grumpy over this since I will eventually get sick of those shades too and end up throwing away some of the bottles when I am done with the shades.

My favorite piece from the collection is the Four Piece polish set, this contains four shades that I love from the Tinsel Town collection and I will use all four of these shades for the rest of the holiday and winter months.  I can also use these shades next fall since they are all lovely jewel tones.  I don't really need either of the Two Piece sets and I will skip over both of them too.  From the single shades, Ruby Without a Cause is the one single shade that I need, the others that I really like are all in the Four Piece Set.  The Jewelry Top Coats are really pretty but I only really need one of these since I wouldn't use it very often.  I would buy The Golden Age since it is gold and silver glitter and will be the most versatile of the shades.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: