Tuesday, November 20, 2012

LORAC Eye Candy Full Face Collection

I have finally began my Christmas earlier this week and I have gone through the entire gift area of the Sephora website already.  I have ordered a few gifts for friends (and of course a few items that I needed for myself!) and I stumbled upon a gift set that I have decided is my absolute favorite gift of the entire holiday season.  At first I thought that some of my favorite gifts would come from the NARS and Andy Warhol collection and while I still really like the gifts that are offered with that collection, I have found an absolute favorite and it is from a brand that I rarely use.

My favorite gift is the Eye Candy Full Face Collection from Lorac, I do not believe that I own a piece of Lorac makeup and therefore I was really surprised at how quickly I fell in love with this set.  The Eye Candy Full Face Collection first caught my eye when I saw the packaging, it looks exactly like a Godiva chocolate box and I love those gold boxes so much that it drew me right to this set.  I was attracted to the box first and then I went to investigate what is contained in it.  I see eye shadow palettes, an eyeliner palette, and then cheek and lip palettes.  This is one of the few gifts that contains fantastic shades for every single.  For this reason, even though I know very little about Lorac products, this set is the one beauty set that I want to unwrap this season!

The set is available on the Sephora website and I believe that it is exclusive to this company.  "An exclusive holiday collection of six palettes all infused with ultra rich color and velvety smooth textures for creating the perfect face.  This season, satisfy your beauty cravings with LORAC’s Eye Candy Full Face Collection. Even better than a box of chocolates, this deluxe assortment of sweet, tempting treats contains a luxurious selection of fresh colors for eyes, cheeks, and lips that you simply can’t resist. Open the lavish gold box to reveal six faux “chocolate bar” palettes. The Eye Shadow Palettes, Cream Eye Liner Palette, and Cheek and Lip Tint Palette are all infused with ultra rich color and velvety smooth texture for a variety of eye-enticing looks. "

This set contains...

- Eye Shadow Palette in Ooh La La Vanilla (Nude Eye Shadow Palette), Caramel Love Affair (Golden Eye Shadow Palette), Tantilizing Cocoa (Bronze Eye Shadow Palette), Blackberry Truffle Seduction (Smoky Eye Shadow Palette)
- Cream Eye Liner Palette in Mesmerizing Dark Chocolate
- Cheek & Lip Tint Palette in Indulge in Berry Kisses

These eye palettes are all pretty similar, you will love them if you have colored eyes and collect shades like this.  I can't say that there is any one shade that I must have since I own a ton of neutral shadows from both of the Urban Decay Naked palettes but I would still get lots of use from all of these neutral and brown shades.  If you have brown eyes then this palette is not near as exciting as it is for me.  I am also excited to try all the rest of the makeup products in this set, I have not tried anything yet from Lorac and this set would be a great introduction to me for so many products in this brand.  All the eyeliner shades are dark browns and will perfectly complement all of the eye shadow shades in this set and then even more shades that I already own.

I actually think that I might be the most excited about the Cheek and Lip Tint palette, all of the shades are cool and all different shades of berries and I just love this palette.  This is the perfect palette for ladies with pale skin and cool undertones, pretty much this is the perfect palette for me. 

The packaging was the reason that I was first attracted to this set however the wide variety of products and the wonderful shades are what took this set to the top of my gift list.  I really hope that I unwrap this gift this year and I am thinking that I will have to start playing around with more Lorac products!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: