Monday, November 12, 2012

Illamasqua Holiday 2012 Gift Collection - I'm Not Dreaming of a White Christmas

Illamasqua is a favorite makeup company of mine and I am very excited to see what they release for the holiday season, I have been adding more lipsticks and Nail Varnishes to my collection almost every single time that I order from Sephora.  The new collection from this company is a gift only collection, a fact that I find a bit disappointing as I love collecting all kinds of products from this company but I am am excited to see what types of Nail Varnish gifts are carried for the holiday season.  The collection is named "I'm Not Dreaming of a White Christmas" and since I hate the snow and cold, this collection name made me laugh out loud when I first saw it. 

When I look at this collection, I see a combination of brand new gifts for the season and some products and palettes that I have seen in previous collections.  I believe that the two palettes in this collections were both from collections released earlier in this year and I loved both of them when they were first released.  I agree with this company that they will also make fanstastic gifts for anyone on your list who loves dramatic eye makeup looks.  I also see several different gifting versions of the sole fragrance from this company, Freak.  I would love to see this fragrance available in all the Sephora stores as I have never smelled it and it is said to be very unique.  I would prefer to smell it before I order it as the bottles are huge.  Hopefully, I can smell it the next time that I get into the city and at the Fifth Avenue store where the full line of Illamasqua is carried.

And now to the gifts!

Black Christmas Gift Box - Have a wonderfully Black Christmas...  The Limited Edition Black Christmas Gift Box is the ultimate 9-piece kit for creating a show-stopping smoky eye. In addition to the 9 products, the Gift Box includes a leaflet with step-by-step tutorials on how to create 4 unique make-up looks, created by the School of Make-up Art.  The Gift Boxes include the following: Powder Eye Shadow in Obsidian; Pure Pigment in Zeitgesit; Medium Pencil in SOPHIE; Precision Ink in Abyss; Masquara in Raven; False Eye Lashes in 13; Eye Brow Cake in Thunder; Sheer Lipgloss in Artifice.

Nail Duo - Viridian and Glitterati - Treat yourself or a loved one with this Nail Duo with complementary shades chosen especially for the holiday season to give your Christmas a touch of glamour. Get ready to sparkle, seduce and stand out with this daring Nail Duo set. Sparkle with new Nail Varnish in Glitterati, a stunning Raspberry Glitter & the rich peacock green of Nail Varnish in Viridian.  Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity. Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.

Nail Duo - Throb and Spartan - Treat yourself or a loved one with this festive Nail Duo with complementary shades chosen especially for the holiday season to give your Christmas a touch of glamour. Get ready to sparkle, seduce and stand out with this daring Nail Duo set. Shimmer with the gold glitter of Nail Varnish in Spartan & the ultimate Christmas red, Throb.  Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity. Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.

Lip Twin Set - Obey and Plentiful - The bright peachy pink of Intense Lipgloss in Plentiful has been expertly blended to match best-selling Lipstick in Obey. Wear alone or together for a pretty, yet powerful combination that’s guaranteed to last the night.

Lip Twin Set - Sangers and Succubus - Intense Lipgloss in Succubus is the perfect match for the long-lasting blood red of Lipstick in Sangers. Layer this decadent duo to create lustrous lips that demand attention.

Powder Blusher Duo - Lover and Hussy - Featuring two beautiful matt Powder Blusher shades, Lover (Soft apricot) and Hussy (Candy Pink), the new Powder Blusher Duo, a first for Illamasqua, comes in a gorgeous compact with a mirror. Illamasqua Powder Blushers are highly pigmented, use them to shade, brighten, enhance and contour. Be bold; be daring and most importantly be the center of attention this party season.

Lipstick Palette - Treat yourself or a loved one to the new Illamasqua Lipstick Palette this Christmas. Featuring four stunning, best-selling Lipstick shades; Fable, Plunge, Over and Corrupt, let your lips speak volumes and indulge in the colour-intense, highly pigmented formulas. A creamy matt, flawless finish; Illamasqua Lipsticks glide on smoothly and make the perfect all-night, Christmas pout.
- pale pink/bright magenta/bright orange red/deep magenta

Liquid Metal Palette - A palette consisting of Liquid Metals in Enrapture, Surge, Electrum and Phenomena. Liquid Metal is a rich and highly pigmented metallic cream that grabs full attention wherever it's applied. Smooth onto eyes, face and body with fingers or a brush and prepare to take the spotlight.
- copper/taupe/silver/gold

Neutral Palette - Create sculpted highlights and stark contours anywhere on your face and body with these four pivotal Powder Eye Shadows. From our new antique gold shade, Vintage - exclusive to this palette - and matt shades Stealth (creamy buttermilk) and Wolf (rich chocolate brown), to the smoky charcoal depths of new shade Obsidian (rich black), express your inner light and darkness with riotous glamour.

Freak Eau de Parfum 30 mL Coffert - The first fragrance from Illamasqua, Freak is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night.  The Freak Eau De Parfum 30ml Coffret contains: 1 x Freak Eau De Parfum 30ml; 1 x Baptiste Nail Varnish; 1 x Medium Pencil in S.O.P.H.I.E.

Freak Eau de Parfum 30 mL - The first fragrance from Illamasqua, Freak is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night. Now available in this travel friendly 30ml bottle.  TOP NOTES:Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion.  HEART NOTES: Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss.  BASE NOTESAromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.

Freak Eau de Parfum 75 mL - The first fragrance from Illamasqua, Freak is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night.  TOP NOTES:Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion. HEART NOTES: Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss. BASE NOTES: Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.

Freak Extrait de Parfum 75 mL - Our most intense blend yet, Freak Extrait De Parfum is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers, brought together by Illamasqua to celebrate the gilded opulence and intense darkness of the night.  Freak Extrait De Parfum is 67% stronger than Freak Eau De Parfum.  TOP NOTES:Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion. HEART NOTES: Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss. BASE NOTES: Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.

Freak Gift Set - Exclusive to Illamasqua.com and all UK counters and stores, the Freak Limited Edition Gift Set is the ultimate in luxury. Each gift houses Freak 75ml Eau De Parfum and three hand-selected best-selling make-up pieces, whose shades reflect the rare blooms that make-up this most exotic of scents.  Raved about by professionals, bloggers and make-up enthusiasts everywhere, each set includes hardwearing Nail Varnish in Wink (soft lilac), Liquid Metal in Phenomena (molten silver), a sensual Sheer Lipgloss in Tantrum (deep berry pink), and the Freak fragrance.  TOP NOTES:Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion. HEART NOTES: Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss. BASE NOTES: Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.  

I am so tempted to order one of the Freak fragrance gift sets, this fragrance sounds like a fragrance that I would like and I love that the sets contains both a bottle of perfume and some great color products.  My favorite of the sets is the Freak Gift Set, which also contains the Nail Varnish, Liquid Metal, and a Lipgloss.  All of theose products are ones that I have tried and loved in the past and I like the shades that are offered with this set, I will have to convert the price in pounds to dollars and see how it compares and if it is worth me ordering this set from England.  These sets are not on the Sephora website (at least that I can find) so I will have to order it right from the company.

What else do I really want?  I want to order both of the Nail Varnish sets, I have wanted a bottle of Viridian for a long time right now (I ordered Rampage by accident and thought that I ordered Viridian and was very disappointed several months ago) and this is a great way for me to add more shades to my nail polish collection.  The last item that I want for myself is the Lipstick Palette, I love these shades and I love Illamasqua lipsticks in general.

I am more finding products for myself in this collection, I haven't found any product that I would give as a gift.  This is a hard company to give gift items from, all of the products and shades are very pigmented and dramatic and I wouldn't give them to anyone who hasn't tried their products before.  In my group of friends, I am the only one that really uses products from this company.  Only the Nail Varnish sets are giftable for the people on my list, a shame since this company has such amazing products. 

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: