Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bobbi Brown Fall 2013 Collection - Rich Chocolate Collection

One of the most exciting collections for fall comes from Bobbi Brown and I will be adding several items from it to my Most Wanted list, I first saw pictures of this collection early last month and I have wanted to see it in more detail ever since.  I found it this morning on the Bobbi Brown website and we are going to look at it now.  Rich Chocolate is going to be one of those collections that will contain products that sell out quickly and will be able to used this season and then for seasons to come.  I am so hoping to see a great eye makeup palette in this collection and I will be adding it to the line up of Naked Palettes that are in my current rotation.

This collection contains all types of rich hues for the fall and winter months and I will want to play around with it at the counter soon.  There is no formal collection description and the model for the collection is a lovely Katie Holmes, a deep brunette with pale cool toned skin.  She is one of my beauty ideals and I enjoy working to recreate some of her Red Carpet looks at home.  The key piece of this collection is the Rich Chocolate Eye Palette and then it contains new shades in the current Blush and Lip Gloss formulas.

We are going to start with the palette that I want and begin to look at the newest from Bobbi Brown...

Rich Chocolate Eye Palette - A delicious take on eyes for fall and beyond, this chic palette is packed with mix-and match shades including base, lid, and liner options.  Exclusively packaged in a mirrored compact with a glossy chocolate finish, plus a dual-ended brush for application.
- Stone - medium ash brown with matte finish
- Bone - off white with matte finish
- Frappe - medium ash beige with matte finish
- Caramel - silvery brown sparkle
- Champagne Truffle - warm pink beige with satin finish
- Cocoa - warm ashy brown with satin finish
- Rich Chocolate - dark brown with matte finish

Blush - Silky formula glides on smoothly and offers a matte finish with long-lasting wear. Comes in this sleek, flip-top compact that can be used individually or popped into an empty palette (sold separately).  Apply on the apples of cheeks using the Blush Brush , blending up into the hairline, then downwards to soften. Finish with a pop of brighter blush, applied just on the apples of cheeks. For a shimmery glow on cheeks, follow with a Shimmer Brick Compact.
- Berry - deep red
- Pink Coral - warm coral with touches of medium pink

Lip Gloss - What It Is: This high-shine formula gives lips a sultry sheen for a fuller look..  Who It's For: Any woman who likes the shiny look of lip gloss with medium coverage.  Why It's Different: Formulated with jojoba and avocado oils for immediate hydration, plus Vitamins C and E. Aloe extract soothes lips and helps keep them feeling comfortable.  How do I Use It: Apply gloss on clean, bare lips. Or, layer it over your favorite Lip Color.
- Tea Berry - medium rose cream
- Pale Pink - pale pink cream

Sheer Color Lip Gloss - What is it: This high-shine formula delivers a sultry sheen for lips that look healthy and full.  Who is it for: Any woman who likes the shine of a gloss with sheer, medium coverage.  Why is it different: Formulated with Jojoba and Avocado Oils for immediate hydration, plus Vitamins C and E. Aloe Extract soothes lips and helps keep them feeling comfortable. How do I use it: Apply gloss on clean, bare lips. Or, layer it over your favorite Lip Color.
- Chocolate Raspberry - deep plum brown cream

Lip Color - Bobbi's original formula treats lips to rich color with a soft-matte finish. Infused with Vitamins E and C as well as Beeswax, it also moisturizes and comforts lips. 
- Berry - medium berry cream
- Baby Pink - light pink cream
- Black Raspberry - black burgundy cream

This might be one of the best collections of the fall and I want multiple pieces from it.  I also predict that these products will sell out quickly so I will be heading right over to the Sephora website after wrapping this post up. 

My favorite piece is the Rich Chocolate Eye Palette and I am sure that this is the piece that will sell out the fastest.  The combinations of these rich browns and neutrals will work very well with my blue eyes and can create all kinds of eye makeup looks for this fall.  I am also thinking about how these shades will work with what I already own from both of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes so I will be getting a good amount of use from this palette.  My second favorite piece of this collection is the Lip Gloss in Tea Berry, a medium rose shade.  I would get a lot of use from this shade and could use it with all kinds of makeup looks.  I must have both of these products for this fall.

Once I get through my first round of shopping on this collection, I will have more products that I will want to pick up on the second round.  I want all three of the Lip Colors however I need to use Black Raspberry at the counter first because it will either be wonderful or terrible with my pale skin.  I would also like the pale pink shade in the Lip Gloss but I would put this one away for the spring months since that is the time of the year that I normally tend to wear such shades.

I can't wait to start collecting these new products and shades from the Bobbi Brown fall collection! 

photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: