Tuesday, August 20, 2013

YSL Fall 2013 Collection

Yesterday we looked at the small and slightly boring fall collection from Clinique, I can honestly say that the collection might be among the contenders for my least favorite collection of the fall season.  Considering that this is a line of makeup and skincare that I typically purchase a lot from, that is a sad fact.  Perhaps they will have a stronger holiday collection.

Today we are turning over to a beauty brand that can never be called boring or mundane. YSL creates beautiful collections almost every season and the hardest part of the products in this brand is relating the trends from the Parisian runway to most women's normal lives.  I don't own as much from this line as I would like it but every item from them that I have used has been of superior quality.  I have been told by several ladies that I need to brand out into the lipsticks from this company so those will probably be my next purchase from this company. 

The fall collection from YSL focuses on bright eye makeup paired with dramatic lip shades.  I can already see that I will have to pick pieces of this collection and then figure out how to best work them into makeup looks that I am more comfortable with.  I am already state that I would be more likely to go after the lip products from this collection as I cannot pull off bright green and blue eye makeup at the same time.  I can see how this look will rock the fashion industry but it will not rock the professional or academic worlds in which I spend most of my time these days...

The fall collection from YSL!

Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eye Shadow Palette - Through the magic of water and a revolutionary new process, Yves Saint Laurent pushes the limits of color with Pure Chromatics, a new generation of eyeshadows. Real makeup-artist magic is made easy with six emblematic harmonies that captivate the eyes. 
The power of water: Exclusively by Yves Saint Laurent, the new water-process technology is the latest discovery in color, allowing pigments to be more intense and metallic than ever before!
Use wet for a chromatic transformation. Expect the unexpected. Water does not dilute but enhances color pigments in Pure Chromatics. When used wet, the water rehydrates the eyeshadows and gives full intensity to their pigments. The effect is the satiny powder transforms into a luxurious cream while pearls shine with a metallic finish.
- Arty - bright blue/bright lime green/shimmering true silver/deep shimmering charcoal
- Classy - deep brown/medium shimmering bronze/pale tan/deep shimmering silver

Liquid Eyeliner - These artistic eyeliners with shimmering reflections have a firm yet flexible precision brush that draws a bold, even and long-lasting line.
- Baby Doll - deep warm gray

Volume Effect Faux Cils Shocking Mascara - Exaggerate your lashes with shocking volume from every angle! New and exclusive to Yves Saint Laurent, the amplified helix brush with a twisted cut provides instant volume on the lashes with effortless application. Shaped and styled for excess, the slim brush breaks the rules of volume, allowing for perfect control and precision, combined with a beautifully creamy formula to cover each lash evenly for a thick and lustrous fringe.
- No. 8 Bronze - deep bronze

Blush Radiance Matte and Satin Blush - Adorn your cheeks with a sensual flush of color and light with this ultrachic compact. The two powder textures, matte and satiny, seamlessly blend to capture light and create a radiant veil of color on your cheeks. Incredibly versatile, this blush colors, contours and highlights to create any effect, from natural to glamorous. The beautifully blendable formula contains self-adapting pigments that capture and transform light's intensity into a vibrant color source that complements any complexion. Remarkably silky texture blends beautifully for buildable, custom color.
- No. 9 - shades of light and medium pink coral
- No. 10 - shades of light and medium pink rose

Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color - Adorn your lips in Yves Saint Laurent. Introducing new Rouge Pur Couture, a new generation of emblematic colors - red, fuchsia and orange - in a collection of 18 vivacious lipsticks. This luminous satin texture is presented in a modern golden case, designed by Yves Saint Laurent Couture Creative Director Stefano Pilati, for the ultimate in luxury and style. Hydrospheres and natural extracts provide all-day comfort and hydration.
- No. 50 Rouge Neon - bright warm red cream
- No. 51 Corail Urbane - medium warm coral cream
- No. 53 Beige Promenade - medium cool nude cream
- No. 54 Prune Avenue - medium cool plum cream

Lip Liner Pencil - A richly textured lip pencil to outline, re-define and colour the lips. Does not smudge or feather, and makes lipstick last longer.
- No. 20 Mocha - medium tan
- No. 21 - deep spice

La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer - Yves Saint Laurent introduces the La Laque Couture collection. The vibrant assortment of ultra-shiny hues makes every woman feel couture to the fingertips.
- No. 38 Gris Underground - pale gray cream
- No. 39 Beige Gallery - pale neutral beige cream
- No. 40 Sepia 7e Art - deep sepia cream

This collection is quite a contrast to the Clinique collection that we looked at yesterday, it is much more artistic however it will be much harder to wear some of the shades in the collection.  I am not even going to try for the makeup look that the model for the collection is wearing, I would never be able to use the bright eye makeup palette however I would like to try the more neutral palette.  This would be a good staple for me along with the cool toned blush palette.

The Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color will be my first purchase from the collection, I think that I want to see these shades at Sephora first and then see what others are available in the product line.  No. 53 Beige Promenade will probably be the best shade for me from this group and I am hoping that there will be more shades that will work well for my skintone.  I am hoping to find more lipstick obsessions in this company's line up.  The last items that I really want from the collection are two of the nail lacquer shades, I love the gray and beige shades and they will become new neutrals in my polish collection.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: