Thursday, August 22, 2013

MAC Indulge - Eye and Cheek

I have been raving over the first part of the MAC Indulge collection and if the second part is just as good, then I know that I have a MAC visit in my near future.  As I mentioned in my other post on this collection, I haven't been to the MAC counter in a few days and I have been waiting for the new fall collections to come out before I went shopping again.  I have already begun to pick products out for my first shopping trip of this collection and now I know that I will find more in this part of the collection, I tend to buy more eye makeup in the fall and winter months than I do in spring and summer and that means that I will be picking up some new goodies at the counter. 

I finished up several eyeliners at the very end of last winter and have not yet replaced them so I am looking at this collection as a prime time to do so.  It might sound boring, but I am most in need of a plain brown cream eyeliner as I used up the one I bought from Tarte last fall.  That is the most important item that I am looking at in this collection but I am sure that I will want much more than just a new liner. 

"Fall Colour is a surreal feast for the senses, where no taste is too extravagant and no behaviour beyond limits. On the menu: Cremeblend Blush flushes skin with buildable glow as Eye Shadow defines eyes for the ultimate in temptation, intensified by Fluidline. Haute and Naughty Too Black Lash darkens and lengthens lashes.", states the MAC website in a description of this part of the collection.  Cremeblend Blush being in this collection is very exciting to me since I also love to use cream blush in the cold weather months.  I think that this might be one of the few collections that I will find products that I want to buy for every single facial feature!

The rest of the Indulge collection...

Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Gilty Morsel - glittery light gold
- Sex and the Oyster - mid-tone grayed blue green
- Three Ring Yellow - bright sulfur green gold
- Divine Decadence - soft bronze
- Beluga - dark charcoal with multi-dimensional pearl
- Eat, Love - deep emerald
- Deep Cravings - dark shimmery gray
- Palace Pedigreed - dark plum

Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately
- Gilt Gourmet - sparkling burnished gold
- Deliciously Rich - shimmering dirty taupe
- Blacktrak - solid flat black

Haute and Naughty Too Black Lash - Our two-in-one mascara in an intense carbon black. Creamy, velvety, lightweight formula sweeps up lashes and coats from root-to-tip. The dual-wiper system customizes your lash style: naturally defined or powerfully dramatic.

Cremeblend Blush - A blush that manages to make a simple blush state-of-the-art. Creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that's smooth, dewy-fresh, long-lasting.
- Tease Your Tastes - soft neutral pink
- Glamour Feast - deep rose

266 Small Angle Brush - For creating sharp, precise lines. This brush has fibres which are carefully arranged to form a perfect angle. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

213 Fluff Brush - For application of eye shadow to the lid area. This brush has a thick bundle of fibers arranged in a rounded shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

This is another strong collection for me...MAC is hitting all the high notes this fall!  My favorite aspect of this collection is the two new shades of Fluidline, both the shimmering gold and shimmering taupe will be awesome for fall and I will be able to use them with the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and many other eye makeup shades that I already own.  I will be picking these two up on the first day of the collection release!  I am already thinking about my fall eye makeup looks and I can say that these two shades will play a big role this fall!

I like some of the Eye Shadows shades but I am not dying for any of them.  Sex and the Oyster is one of the best names that I have ever seen for a makeup shade but I don't like the color and it wouldn't be very flattering either.  I would like to buy three of the warmer neutral shades as they will work well with the shades that I already own and tend to wear the most of, my choices are: Gilty Morsel, Divine Decadence, and Deep Cravings (not a neutral but a great shade!).  I am always looking to expand my eye shadow collection and I have found some solid new shades with this part of Indulge.

The Cremeblend Blush is a product that I am very excited about and just might be the product that I am the most excited about in this whole collection.  I love both of these shades and pinks and rose are the best for my skintone.  In the fall and winter, my skin gets much more pale and I love to wear bright cheek looks throughout the whole season.  These are two more products that I will want to get the first day!

I have quite a shopping list from this collection!  My must haves include two blushes, two eyeliners, a lipstick, a lip gloss, and a nail polish.  I have a feeling that my return to the MAC counter will be huge!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: