Monday, August 5, 2013

Burberry Beauty Fall 2013 Collection - Trench Kisses

Today we are returning back to the fall collections, I have been reviewing some of the new products that I have bought for the past few days and now we need to get back to plotting my next fall makeup shopping list.  I have always admired the Burberry Beauty collections though I have not yet ordered anything from them and have never been in one of the stores where they are sold (this might require a trip to New York City) and I am looking forward to expanding my beauty horizons at the end of graduate school.  I do believe that I can purchase this makeup line on the Nordstrom website so I will have to check it out and see if this is true and then start what could be my newest obsession.

The fall collection from Burberry Beauty is named Trench Kisses, a clever play on the popularity of their traditional trench coats.  It contains new shades in some of the traditional collection products and then also includes the introduction of a new eye makeup product.  These shades originally debuted at the Autumn/Winter 2013 runway show late last winter and many people in the beauty industry have been eagerly waiting for the chance to purchase these shades.

Deep red hues for lips and nails play a prime role in this collection and I already have a feeling that I am going to look these shades and check out what I can order from Nordstrom.  When I start trying out new makeup lines, I usually start with my lip glosses and lipsticks and I think that I will continue that trend with this line.

The Trench Kisses line!

Multi-Use Kajal Crayon - This multi use product is designed to be used on face, eyes, and lips.  It can be used to define features and then add colour to all facial features.
- Poppy Black (No. 01) - deep black
- Oxblood (No. 02) - deep red
- Stone (No. 03- neutral medium nude

Light Glow Blush - A lightweight blush that gives the skin a bright fresh glow.  Burberry Light Glow contains silicones for effortless and even application and wild rose extract for moisturising benefits.  The complexion glows with natural looking radiance.
- Earthy (No. 07) - neutral brown

Sheer Eye Shadow - Burberry Eye Shadow Enhancer is a powder colour in a range of weather-inspired shades.  The shadows can be blended to create a range of eye enhancing colours.  The innovative formula uses silicones for smooth and flawless application and contains micronised satin smooth pigments to ensure long-lasting colour.
- Gold Trench (No. 04) - golden beige
- Midnight Black (No. 18) - deep black
- Pale Barley (No. 22) - golden taupe
- Porcelain White (No. 25) - white

Lip Mist - Burberry Lip Mist gives a sheer illuminating finish with a subtle hint of colour.  Contains moisturising emollients and wild rose extract for long-lasting hydration and protection.  The smooth and lightweight texture glides on effortlessly.
- Oxblood (No. 14) - deep red
- Rosewood (No. 15) - medium nude rose
- Trench Kiss (No. 16) - pale neutral nude

Lip Glow - Light reflecting Burberry Lip Glow adds a hint of colour for a fresh, moisturised glow and enhanced natural radiance.  The formula uses nourishing oils and ceramides that leave the lips hydrated, supple and naturally plumped.
- Oxblood (No. 23) - deep red
- Trench Kiss (No. 24 - pale neutral nude

Lip Cover - Burberry Lip Cover adds a touch of radiance.  The lightweight combination of nourishing oils and gel dispersed pigment ensures intense moisture and long lasting colour.  Burberry Lip Cover contains anti-aging ceramides for fuller lip definition.
- Oxblood (No. 33) - deep red

I am going to start small with this collection and begin learning more about the entire product line.  I am planning to order three pieces from this collection, two lip products and one eye shadow.  I want to start with the full pigment lipstick formula (Lip Mist) and will order the Oxblood and Trench Kiss shades.  If I like the lipstick formula, I will then order the lip glosses too.  I rarely meet a gold eye shadow that I do not like so the Sheer Eye Shadow in Gold Trench is on my shopping list also.  Now it just remains to be seen if I can order all the needed shades at Nordstrom or if I will need to order right from Burberry.

photo courtesy of Burberry

No comments: