Sunday, August 25, 2013
Deborah Lippmann Fall 2013 Collection - Jewel Heist
Jewel Heist contains three deep jewel tones and then three holographic top coats to match each shade. I am more interested in the three jewel tones but we will see if any of the top coats will work with my current style. I might want to try one shade with the matching top coats but I don't think that I will purchase all of them...I see a deep navy blue in this collection so this would be my choice to try the top coat on.
To anyone that is not familiar with this polish line, the formula is now 5-Free (no DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, or Camphor). I am not sure what the addition (or lack of) Camphor does to nail polish but I guess it was taken out of the formula for a reason.
Here are the six new shades...
- Fake It Til You Make It - metallic champagne gold with small red, gold, and green hexagonal glitter
- Glitter and Be Gay - sheer top coat with sheer gold base
- Laughin To The Bank - deep emerald green shimmer
- Shake Your Money Maker - sheer top coat with green base and teal and gold glitter
- Rolling In The Deep - deep navy cream
- Va Va Voom - sheep top coat with navy base and bright blue and navy glitter
My favorite shades are the blues, I want both of the jewel and glitter polishes and these might be some of my favorite pieces of the season so far. The last shade that I want is the deep emerald green though I will be skipping the top coat for that shade. I am not interested in the gold hue, it might be too warm for me and I wear very little gold shades in my jewelry. I am not sure how I feel about mixing gold nail polish with silver jewelry and might decide later on in the season.
photo courtesy of Deborah Lippmann