Sunday, August 11, 2013

Aveda Fall 2013 Collection - Heart Lands

Aveda has released their fall beauty product collection and therefore today we are going to look at a more natural based makeup line today.  I am not someone that buys only natural or organic products (obviously) but I still get a bit freaked out about the fact that the average woman consumes about seven pounds of lipstick in her life.  I am most likely to try some type of more natural lip product because of that fact and would like to reduce the amount of chemicals that I am taking into my body as much as I can.  So its time for me to look more closely at Aveda and what lip items and shades they carry.  Plus I go to an Aveda salon so I have pretty easy access to many of these products which is a big bonus.

The fall collection for Aveda is named Heart Lands and is inspired by the beauty of the autumn months.  This collection focuses on natural beauty and shades that could be worn equally well in the city or for a weekend trip to the country.  This is a very different collection from many of those that I have reviewed so far and I am excited to see the other side of fall beauty.

The Aveda Heart Lands collection!

Petal-Essence Single Eye Color - Let eyes blossom, with our flower wax-infused, soft-to-the-touch shadow. A silky powder-both color-true and crease-resistant-that builds and blends effortlessly, surrounded by a soft floral aroma.
- Dusk Orchid - deep violet with shimmer
- Hyacinth - pale lilac satin
- Antique Gold - medium gold with shimmer
- Viridian - deep forest green matte
- Bronze Patina - deep bronze matte

Petal-Essence Eye Definer - Drawn from jasmine petals and geranium leaves, aromatic flower waxes make this formula creamy, blendable, smooth. Line, define, accent, or shade-our pencil stays color-true on eyes or brow, while still respecting the delicate skin around the eye.
- Night Lily - deep violet navy
- Juniper - deep forest green

Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color - 75% of women noticed fuller lips after 2 weeks. Smooths appearance of fine lines by 26%**.  Increases moisture by 26%**.  With refreshing organic spearmint and vanilla flavor.
- Sweet Plum - medium violet plum cream
- Redwood - deep warm red cream

Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze - Give them some lip-with 12 lip gloss shades, from nude to bold: infused with plant emollients and clinically proven to moisturize, plump and smooth the look of fine lines. Refreshes with an organic vanilla and mint aroma and flavor.
- Honey Tree - medium nude shimmer
- Winterberry - deep cool berry shimmer

Nourish-Mint Lip Liner - Feed your lips-with luscious, creamy color that shapes and defines-made richer with plant waxes and fruit butters. Nourish-mint Lip Liners provides generous coverage while helping to reduce feathering of other lip color. Refreshing, with certified organic peppermint flavor.
- Plum Petals - deep berry
- Red Petals - deep red

My first purchase from the Aveda makeup collection will be one of the Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze and I am sure that I will want more than one shade of this product.  I want to buy the Honey Tree from this collection and I found several other shades that I will add to my order and I am considering Winterberry too.  I'm not sure that I love either of the lipstick shades and I want to test one at the salon to see how pigmented they are before I start ordering them.  To finish up my shopping of this collection, I would like the eye shadows in Antique Gold and Bronze Patina so that I can make more neutral eye looks with my Naked Palettes.

I will report back on the Aveda glosses and see if I can work a few more natural products into my makeup collection.

photo courtesy of Aveda

No comments: