Monday, August 26, 2013

Philosophy Take A Deep Breath Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer

With the excess humidity and heat that has come with the end of this summer, I have needed to change my skincare regime around quickly and needed a lighter weight day cream than I have for the past few months.  My Clinique Dramatically Different Moisture Plus has been regulated for night only and I will keep using it in this fashion for the next few weeks.  I needed to add a new face cream formula to my skin care regime and wanted to go after another cream gel formula (similar to Origins Ginzing formula but lighter).  I visited Sephora and left with a pot of Take a Deep Breath from Philosophy.  This must a relatively newer product in this line since I had never seen it when I was shopping their skin care line.  I love the more hydrating creams from this company and wanted to see what other types of formulas this company excels in.

Take a Deep Breath is a great face cream if you have normal to oily skin and works only for me because of the exceptionally hot weather, I doubt that I will be rebuying this product or needing it again in the future.  "An energizing, oil-free moisturizer for a healthy glow.  Give your skin a breath of fresh air with this lightweight, fresh-feeling moisturizer that revitalizes and protects. Environmental factors like sun, smog, and pollution can cloud the complexion and make it appear dull and lackluster. This cream diffuses energizing oxygen to detoxify skin and support cell respiration, while a blend of antioxidants fight the signs of stress. The oil-free formula absorbs quickly, leaving skin perfectly balanced. From dull to revitalized, your complexion will positively glow.", states the Sephora website.

I really liked this formula and I really wish that Philosophy would offer these product benefits in a more hydrating formula.  This face cream has a very light texture and I consider it to be more of a gel than a gel cream.  The texture is very much like a light jelly and will not be enough for my skin when this current hat wave has ended.  That being said...I do like how nicely this cream absorbs into my skin and doesn't leave an oily residue on the skin. 

My favorite aspect of this product is the "glow" that it creates on my skin.  My complexion is brighter after use and I love the pretty flush that it brings to the apples of my cheek.  It improves my complexion in a way that no other product has before and that is why I wish these benefits could be found in a product that is more hydrating.  I am considering layering this product over a very hydrating face serum and seeing if the combination of these two products will be keep my face hydrated later on in the fall months.  I have been using the product for less than a week and I can see a difference in my complexion already and would love to keep these benefits up later on.

This wasn't my normal type of product and I doubt that I would have purchased it without the 100 degree temperatures that we have been living through the past few weeks.  I love the light hydrating benefits of this product but it isn't going to be enough for my skin much longer.  The "glow" is lovely and the best aspect of this product and I want to see if any other products from Philosophy have these benefits.  I have never seen another skincare product like this before and now I want to find other like it and somehow manage to layer it with other products to adapt it to colder temperatures.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: