Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet

I have been playing around with a new fragrance that I received a few samples of on my last Sephora orders, the past two orders that I made I ordered the same perfume samples from since nothing else was interesting to me.  Earlier this spring is the first time that I had seen the newest version of the classic Miss Dior perfume, I believe that I have seen another version of the fragrance when I was graduating college and that version was sweeter instead of the more musky original from Dior.  Blooming Bouquet is the newest version and it is my favorite between the new versions and the original.

I first tried a sample of this fragrance late last month with a Sephora order and then picked it as a sample again when I ordered at the very beginning of this month.  I loved this fragrance when I first wore it but later came to decide that I couldn't make a good purchase decision until I had worn it several times.  Why?  To make a long story very short...this lovely floral fragrance has no lasting power and fades much too quickly for my taste.  Quite a change from the very strong original version of this fragrance and this makes me wonder how much the original was revamped and watered down to create the Blooming Bouquet fragrance.

"Discover Blooming Bouquet, the newest interpretation of Miss Dior. Created for an irresistibly charming and flirtatious woman, Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet embodies the couture spirit of Dior in a sparkling and sensual essence. Unfurling a delicate blend of Sicilian orange essence to reveal a tender floral heart, the fragrance unveils notes of pink peony and Damascus rose. As a finishing touch, white musks softly envelop this light and sensual floral bouquet.  The bottle is a true work of art, expertly showcasing Dior’s savoir faire. The houndstooth pattern made famous by Christian Dior is embossed on the base, while a sleek metallic bow adorns the neck.", states the Sephora website.

The Sephora website goes on to further describe the notes that make up this fragrance.  "Sicilian Orange Essence, Pink Peony, Damascus Rose, White Musks.", is what make up this lovely fragrance and the combination is what makes me love it.  I love the mixture of peony and rose and this is the combination that is contained in one of my favorite fragrances (Stella McCartney) and I am very excited to have this combination in a fragrance that I can wear in the spring and summer.  The note combination should have made this fragrance a must buy for me.

So why did I need two sample bottles of this fragrance to make a decision?  I love the notes of this fragrance and I love the way that it develops on my skin but it has no lasting power.  There seems to be no base to this fragrance and therefore it fades in less than two hours so I need to keep reapplying it throughout the day.  To add insult to injury...Dior doesn't even offer this fragrance in a rollerball format that I could keep it in my bag and quickly apply it throughout the day.  I would have to drag the perfume bottle around with me all throughout the day and this is not what I had in mind.  I drag enough around with me everyday and I don't need to add a bottle of perfume to my massive collection of binders and books.  If this perfume was offered in a rollerball, I would be a bit less irritated but I have to buy the perfume bottles.

This version of Miss Dior is the spring version of Stella for me but I am annoyed with how fast the fragrance fades and I have still not yet decided if I will buy this fragrance or not.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: