Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fresh Sugar Lemon

My love-hate relationship with citrus fragrances continues each time that I try any type of fragrance with citrus top or heart notes.  I love citrus fragrances when I smell then in the bottle and then I hate them when I try them on and I rarely can find any type of citrus fragrance that works on me.  The only two fragrances that have worked so far for me are Bath and Body Works Country Chic and Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.  I feel that the only reason that these fragrances work is because they start out with a citrus note but then go into more of a floral/oriental heart.  The mixture of these types of notes with the citrus create the only type of fragrance that I can wear.

I was able to try a large sample of the Fresh Sugar Lemon from the Sephora website and decided that I would try and give another citrus fragrance a chance (as this is another citrus mix and not a pure citrus) and see if I might find another one that I can wear in the summer months.  This fragrance is one of the "Sugar" line and I reasoned that this will be a sweet lemon fragrance and not one of the tart fragrances that never end up working with my skin chemistry.  I have been playing around with this fragrance for the past few days and I have come to the conclusion that this is a unique citrus fragrance that works with my skin chemistry and it gives me another option to use during the summer.  Too bad that I didn't try this fragrance out three months ago as I am not looking for any type of warm weather fragrances in the middle of August...

"Fresh first launched their SugarBath line in 1997 and for the first time, introduced sugar as an essential ingredient in skin and body treatments. The captivating and irresistible scent of sugar, infused with refreshing lemon is now a delectable scent that's sure to become a new favorite for every woman who wears it.", states the Sephora website.  The notes of the fragrance are: Italian Bergamot, Yuzu, Mandarin, Lychee Flower, Orange Blossom, Ginger Flower, Oak Moss, Caramel, White Santal.
This fragrance is a fresh, sparkling citrus with a strong lemon and orange blossom mix.  When I first put the fragrance on, it smells like Sprite and then develops into a fragrance then reminds me very much of the Philosophy Need a Margarita or what I imagine that Bond No. 9 Coney Island smells like.  I could not wear this fragrance every day and it isn't one that I would wear to work or when getting dressed up but it is fun fragrance for a casual summer day. 

Most citrus scents have very little lasting power and this one is no exception to the rule.  The fragrance lasted about two to three hours and then I would need to reapply it to keep it going throughout the whole day.  I do see that this fragrance is offered in a range of body products and I might like these even more than the perfume so I will need to check these out the next time that I visit Sephora.  In addition, I do think that I will order a good sized bottle of the perfume for next summer and add it to the small collection of citrus scents that actually work with my skin chemistry.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: