Saturday, August 3, 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

I have been playing around with the new lipstick formula from Urban Decay and this is fast becoming one of my favorite lipstick formulas that I have ever used.  In fact, I am actually reaching for tubes of this product almost as much as I reach for some of my favorite MAC shades, I have found that Urban Decay might be fabulous with their eye makeup creations but haven't always satisfied me in the lip product area.  I think most of the issues that I have with this company and their lip items is that they don't offer enough to keep my interest up.  I have used two of their lip gloss formulas and loved both but I haven't used many of their lipsticks before and I am excited that I found a formula from this company that I love and will look forward to collecting shades from each season. 

I reported several weeks ago that this is a new product that was released with the fall 2013 collection from Urban Decay and then purchased tubes very soon after.  This is a full pigment lipstick formula. there is nothing sheer or shy about these shades and will satisfy any lady that loves lipstick and to wear saturated hues.  I will get even more use from these shades this fall and winter when I traditionally wear more dramatic lip looks.

This product is available at any Urban Decay counter (none near me), the Urban Decay website, and both the Sephora website and stores.  I bought one tube at the Sephora and then ordered the other one from their website.  "A luxury lipstick that delivers intense color payoff plus creamy shine.  Revolution Lipstick is rich, buttery lipstick at its best—with the signature Urban Decay pigment-rich color you crave. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), Revolution Lipstick glides on without dragging or skipping and hugs every curve. Just one swipe gives you a big, gorgeous lay down of color. And with shades that range from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there’s something for everyone.  Urban Decay’s Pigment Dispersion System™ gives Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, intense pigmentation, superior color dispersion, and extended wear. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. And a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. The luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in Urban Decay’s signature dark purple) looks so gorgeous, you’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag. ", states the Sephora website.

The formula on these lipsticks is wonderful.  It is creamy and hydrating yet manages to stay put all day long and doesn't give me any problems with feathering or smearing.  This formula only leaves a bit of trace on my coffee cup and I only touch up once or twice a day (usually when my lips are dry and need more hydration instead of more pigment).  I have found that the red shade that I own will stay on all the way through my nightly shower and I will have to take off with makeup remover or a bit of lip scrub.  I highly recommend the formula of this lipstick and I think that it is most similar in wear and pigment to a NARS formula but is more hydrating and does not require me to carry a separate lip balm in my bag.  I'm all about not carrying two separate products in my tote bag/purse.

The shades that Urban Decay offers in this formula are:

- Venom - rich plum
- Jilted - deep fuchsia pink
- Anarchy - bright fuchsia
- Turn On - rose pink with soft pearl
- 69 - classic red
- Bang - bright orange red
- Streak - coral pink with soft pearl
- Deep - warm brown nude
- Manic - rosy wine
- Rush - pink mauve with soft pearl
- Native - pale pink
- Obsessed - baby pink
- Liar - mauve nude
- Naked - nude pink
- Naked 2 - medium beige nude
- Ozone - clear
The first shade that I bought was Naked and then I ordered 69 within days of that purchase.  I chose Naked because I wanted a neutral shade that I could wear with any eye makeup look and for any occasion and this shade has more pink in it than the Naked 2 shade.  I had the Naked shade in one of the lip gloss formulas from this company and loved the shade so this was a logical one to start with.  I then ordered 69 because I love red lipsticks and am always on the look out for quality formulas with this hue.  Naked is the perfect "My Lips But Better" shade and will work with cool toned skin undertones and Naked 2 is better for warm undertones.  69 is a full coverage red with blue undertones and garners me compliments every time that I wear it. 

I will be buying more of these lipsticks and I think my next purchases will Jilted and Rush to wear during the cool weather months and then will pick more up as new shades come out for the spring and summer months.

Another lipstick formula to love was the last thing that I needed but I give this formula from Urban Decay full marks and will be adding more of these to my makeup collection in the coming months.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: