Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Current Favorites!

August is almost half over and I am in in between soaking up the last long days of the summer and thinking ahead to the fall months.  I am enjoying my last weeks of using self tanner and doing yoga outside while starting to collect the candles that I will want to burn this fall.  I have been using my favorite shades of summer makeup and beginning to transition some of the early fall shades that I have purchased into the mix.  I haven't switched any of my fragrances or body product over yet and don't think that I will for about a month yet.  I have been loving the tubes of Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick and one shade is topping my Favorites list.

My Current Favorites of the late summer...

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked - "A luxury lipstick that delivers intense color payoff plus creamy shine.  Revolution Lipstick is rich, buttery lipstick at its best—with the signature Urban Decay pigment-rich color you crave. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), Revolution Lipstick glides on without dragging or skipping and hugs every curve. Just one swipe gives you a big, gorgeous lay down of color. And with shades that range from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there’s something for everyone.  Urban Decay’s Pigment Dispersion System™ gives Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, intense pigmentation, superior color dispersion, and extended wear. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. And a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. The luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in Urban Decay’s signature dark purple) looks so gorgeous, you’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag.  Naked is a 'nude pink' with a cream finish."  This creamy lipstick lasts all day and keeps my lips hydrated and healthy-looking.  I love this nude-pink shade and I use it for all kinds of makeup looks and I find myself reaching for this product more and more.  I barely need to retouch this product and just add a bit more when my lips are feeling a bit dry.

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist - "A weightless, nutrient-rich oil mist that protects hair from heat styling tools, enhances shine, and boosts hair's health.  This double-duty formula can be used as both a deeply nourishing treatment that helps to repair split ends and environmental damage, and as a color protecting style primer. Made with strengthening organic bamboo and smoothing organic kendi oil, it banishes frizz and imparts intense shine while providing vital nutrients.  Bamboo extract and kendi oil contained in this product are eco-certified, fair-trade compliant, and certified organic. Their production and sale aid in supporting the development of local communities while remaining environmentally friendly. Free of gluten, TEA, and phthalates."  I use this on wet dry before blow drying and styling and it helps to soften and reduce the amount of frizz that comes up this time of the year.  It helps to protect my hair from the sun and keeps it looking shiny all day long.  I love that it hydrates while I style and helps to protect my color from the high amount of heat styling that I do all the time.  I have been burning through my bottle of this and will need to re-order very soon.

Butter London Nail Lacquer in Slapper - "A heavily pigmented, high-fashion nail lacquer.  Created backstage at fashion week for the world’s top fashion designers, Butter LONDON’s lacquers are rich in color, giving your nails a look that is more vibrant. The vitamin-enriched formula promotes nail strength and provides beautifully consistent coverage.  Butter LONDON is a new-era design house, creating extraordinary moments in color by living on the inside edge of fashion. Butter LONDON does not add formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP to any of its nail formulas. It's color without compromise. For brilliant results, use butter LONDON lacquers with the corresponding butter LONDON base and topcoats. When used together, the products last significantly longer than a typical manicure.  Slapper is "truly teal'."  This bright teal cream has been a favorite of mine since I ordered it last spring.  I have been using it at least once a week for almost four months and intend to keep it up until I bring my fall colors out.  This teal is highly pigmented and the formula lasts for about four days with only minor tip wear.  I get more compliments on this than any other shade and this might be one of my favorite shades that I have ever bought!

Stila Lip Glaze in Vanilla - "An ultra high-shine lip gloss in a nifty click pen.  Stila's ever-popular lip glaze is back in action with larger pens (twice the size of the original) guaranteed to keep your lips glossier, longer. The gloss gives lips a punch of color and adds a delicious scent. Whatever sweet flavor you are in the mood for, it is sure to be found in this collection of classic shades.  Vanilla is a 'pearly nude gloss'."  I use this shade at least three times a week and it works with any makeup look that I have come up with so far.  This gives my lips shine and a bit of a pearl finish, it will work well with my tan now and then with my pale skin in the coming seasons.  I will be ordering another tube of this shade before I run out and then a few other shades of Lip Glaze.

Stila Convertible Color in Peony - "A lipstick that doubles as a blush.  Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves irresistible. Non-greasy, this creamy, sheer tint adds an natural glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. A mini mirrored-compact makes touch ups on the go a snap.  Peony is a 'neutral medium pink'."  I have been using this color for a long time now and it continues to be a favorite Stila product of mine.  This shade is easy to wear and the formula lasts all day in the summer months, it lasts through running outside and also hitting the gym after work.  I have no idea when I got this product the first time but I have been using it for a long time and I have not hit the bottom of the pan yet and I should have at least another yet of my pot.

This is my last post about any kind of summer beauty and my big focus in the upcoming weeks is working many of these great shades into my fall beauty looks and then buying new products to work with them.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: