Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bath and Body Works Amber Blush

Bath and Body Works has released a new fragrance for the fall and early winter and it brings the revamping of their Signature Collection products with it.  Fall has just started and it is time for many of us to start looking for new fragrances and body products to use as the weather is really changing.  The Fall Traditions fragrances came out again this year before Labor Day and I skipped over them because they are basically the exact same fragrances that we get every single year and I have never found any of them to be all that great (unless you LOVE pumpkin) and wasn't wasting my time on them this year.  I am glad that I kept waiting and now can feel free to buy another fragrance this fall.

Amber Blush was released earlier than I had first heard but I am glad to see and try a new fragrance for fall.  This is a strong berry fragrance was is a disappointment for me, most berry fragrances either go very sweet or very sour on me and I tend to only be able to wear berries when they are mixed with strong florals.  I doubted that this fragrance would be a keeper for me and I was right after trying out the Fragrance Mist and the Lotion, the lotion is ok on me but the mist goes much too sweet for me to wear on a daily basis.

"Capture the sensual warmth and luxury of a romantic getaway! Raspberry champagne & gardenia petals mingle with a seductive kiss of crystallized amber for an ultra-feminine scent.", states the Bath and Body Works website when providing us with a fragrance description.  The top notes of the fragrance are: Sparkling Bergamot, Juicy Mandarin, Raspberry Champagne.  The heart notes are: Jasmine, Gardenia Petals, Star Anise, Apricot Nectar, Magnolia Blossom.  The base notes are: Creamy Vanilla Suede, Crystalized Amber, Golden Sandalwood, Soft Musk.

I get all the Raspberry Champagne from this fragrance and next to none of the other notes...especially not the floral notes that are in the brew.  This fragrance starts out with the raspberry and a bit of tart champagne but the champagne quickly fades away and the fragrance wears as a very sweet raspberry on me.  I don't get much of the amber notes or any of the bottom notes and this fragrance fades pretty quickly since it has little to no base.  This is not the best fragrance for me and I will not able to wear it, the raspberry annoys me and gives me quite a headache.  The Fine Fragrance Mist was awful on me and will not be coming home with me.

The fragrance comes in the full range of Signature Collection forms: EDT, Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, Golden Sugar Scrub, and Shimmer Mist.  The EDT is better than the Fine Fragrance Mist for me, it is less sweet and the tart champagne note is much stronger.  I bought the small sample of it earlier this month and have been wearing it the past few days, I like it in the EDT but don't love it enough to purchase the full size bottle.  I get sick of this fragrance quickly, I can only wear it two or three days in a row before I tire of it and want to switch over to another fragrance. 

The lotion and shower gel is in this fragrance are better for me than the EDT or Fine Fragrance Mist and the only items that I would consider purchasing.  The body products are still slightly too sweet for me to like, I prefer sweet vanilla scents to sweet berry scents and know that I wouldn't get very much use from the body products and therefore there isn't much of a point in my purchasing them.  If you like berry scents, then you will love this fragrance but I will be skipping over it and setting some cash aside for when the Holiday Traditions body products come out!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: