Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish

I have just finished raving about one of the new Fresh skincare products that I have been using and now I am moving onto to another one of their products that I have been loving the past few days.  The Black Tea Face Mask has already established its place in my weekly skincare regime and I am continuing to think about what other products I will need to purchase as the winter starts to cool down.  A weekly face mask will be quite helpful to me and I will continue to check more products from Fresh out.  Today I am looking at a Fresh lip product that I picked up the last time that I visited Sephora.  I love the Fresh Sugar lip product line and the Lip Polish might be one of my new favorite lip products.  I used to use a lip scrub from C.O. Bigelow but Bath and Body Works didn't have it the last time that I was at the store and I needed to find something else to use.

My lips are always dry and I have to use lip balms and scrubs on a regular basis in order to keep them smooth and lipstick ready.  "A sweet exfoliating treatment that leaves lips incredibly soft and smooth.  This unique formula is enriched with real brown sugar crystals to gently buff away dry flakes as it exfoliates and conditions for a smooth finish. It nourishes the lips with quick-absorbing meadowfoam seed, jojoba seed, and grapeseed oils while shea butter provides long-lasting moisture. Lips are left smooth, protected, and hydrated.", states the Sephora website. 

I use this product once a week right now and then will increase up to two times per week as the winter comes.  I use in on my lips before I get into the shower and then scrub them with my finger for about thirty seconds before rinsing it off.  It helps to get rid of dry patches and improve my overall lip texture.  I can't say that it helps to hydrate as I use a lip balm as soon as I get out of the shower.  I once tried skipping this step and my lips were dry soon after getting out of the shower and using the scrub. I will just continue to apply the balm right after showering. 

Sugar is an essential ingredient in the Fresh lip care line.  "The inspiration for the Sugar Collection dates back to Fresh co-founders Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg's childhood. Each of their grandmothers used sugar, a natural antiseptic, to heal their scrapes. Wanting to pass this effective ritual on to the world, they bottled their shared tradition, pioneering the use of sugar in the beauty industry."  I can't speak for sugar's healing properties but I do like that this scrub doesn't contain foul tasting chemicals since I always manage to get the product in my mouth when I use it. 

The Sugar Lip Polish is another high quality product from the Fresh brand and I will be repurchasing it once this jar runs out.  I use only a very little bit at a time so I doubt that I will need to repurchase any time soon but I am glad that I have another formula to rely on since my C.O. Bigelow one seems to have disappeared...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: