Saturday, September 28, 2013

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Hair Treatment

Aveda is a relatively new brand for me and I have branched out from the using the makeup to adding the hair care products to my beauty product line up.  I have heard the most amazing reviews of their Smooth Infusion hair care line and I will order several bottles of the shampoo and conditioner when I am in need of some new products.  I just bought new liter bottles of my favorite Biolage Color products so this won't be anytime soon but a review will be forthcoming once I get to try them out.  One of the few hair products that I was actually in need of is a new deep conditioner so I started my love affair with Aveda hair products by ordering one of the best selling formulas.

The Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Hair Treatment is designed to help hydrate and repair signs of surface damage.  I have both problems with my hair all the time since it is chemically treated and heat styled on a regular basis.  The best deep conditioner that I have found so far is from the Carol's Daughter line at Sephora and the Aveda formula is on par with it, I am glad that I have two formulas that I love just in case either ever becomes unavailable.  Both formulas are quite similar and I will touch on why I love both of them after a few more details about the Aveda formula.

"Intensive treatment packed with quinoa protein strengthens damaged and chemically-treated hair with deep repair.  Quinoa-packed treatment fills in damaged cuticles to help strengthen and reinforce hair—which also makes it more resilient to future damage.  Replenishes natural oils with jojoba, to leave hair looking and feeling healthy, shiny and strong.  Part of a four-step restructuring system.", states the Aveda website. 

The Aveda treatment is top rated and best selling for many reasons, the biggest one being that it is very effective and really improves my hair.  I use it once a week for about five minutes in the shower and it guarantees that I will have a good hair day after use.  It hydrates well and rinses clean without leaving any traces of residue behind.  This mask hydrates the dry and damaged areas of my hair and helps to restore shine to the areas that need it most.  It helps to repair signs of surface damage, improving the overall look and feel of my long thick hair.

The proteins in this product will help to fill in the cracks and weak areas of my hair but cannot repair or bring hair back to life.  It helps to smooth the surface by filling in the top cracks and reducing the appearance of frayed ends, both of which I need with my love of heat styling.  My hair is soft to the touch and overall I am very happy with the results that I get from this product.

I get great results from both this product and the Carol's Daughter Monoi Mask, the Aveda product might come out on top for me because of the fragrance.  The Aveda product has a slight herbal fragrance, it is light and doesn't bother me at all.  The Carol's Daughter product has a strong tropical floral fragrance which might deter some users of the product and therefore I would recommend the Aveda product over the other for anyone who has issues with or doesn't like much fragrance in their hair products.

This was a great introduction to Aveda hair products for me and I will be buying more from this company.  I think my next purchase will be the Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner and perhaps the same products from the Color Care line.

photo courtesy of Aveda

No comments: