Monday, September 16, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

I have been in a blush shopping mode lately...yesterday we looked at the Urban Decay Naked Flush palette and today I am reviewing the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.  I go through phases with blushes, I will buy and try several new ones right in a row and then I won't pick anything new up for a few weeks or months.  I tend to purchase blush the most right around the changing of the seasons, I have been all about replacing some of my current formulas as fall is right around the corner.  I have used mostly eye makeup and skincare from Tarte so blush is a brand new experience for me from this company.

I debated between trying the cheek stain formula or the powder blush formula and decided to start with the powder blush.  I will start trying of the cheek stains within the next few months and then I will decide which formula is the better performing of the two.  I was pleased to see that both formulas are designed to be very longwearing, I need this type of formula as grad school classes are starting up again and my typical day is about 13 hours long and I need products that will look fresh and pigmented throughout the whole day. 

"A long-wearing, solar-baked blush that lasts up to 12 hours.  Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish that lasts an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by tarte's bestselling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result: Blush that wears better, longer, and truer.  This product is free of petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, GMOs, and triclosan.", states the Sephora website. 

This blush formula comes in a range of shades and every one that I have tried has full pigmentation.  I have been the most interested in collecting the pink shades due to my pale skintone, my self tan is pretty much done at this point in the year and I am going back to shades that are best with my pale skin. 

The shades of Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush...

- Exposed - nude
- Dazzled - soft rose
- Dollface - light pink
- Fearless - coral pink
- Tipsy - coral
- Blissful - shimmering warm peach
- Captivating - warm peach
- Glisten - shimmering peachy pink
- Peaceful - soft nude peach
- Charisma - warm golden apricot
- Achiote - honeysuckle
- Natural Beauty - muted strawberry red
- Flush - pink berry
- Blushing Bride - plumy rose

I bought both the Dollface and Flush shades at Sephora, these were the two best pinks that are carried in the shade range.  Both shades wear for a full fourteen hours and remain nicely pigmented throughout the day.  The pigment level is medium-to-full, I find that NARS and Illamasqua have higher pigmentation than these but the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush has better pigment than most brands.  I am sold on this product and I will be looking for a few more shades of this product.  I would like Dazzled and Blushing Bride, I wish there were a few more cool shades in this collection of shades but I am hoping that we will see more as Tarte adds to this product line. 

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: