Monday, September 9, 2013

Clarins Fall 2013 Collection - Graphic Expression

I believe that today is officially the end of the fall 2013 collections, we have seen all kinds of shades and collections and I have some new favorites that I added to my beauty product collection for the fall.  The heat wave shows no signs of breaking up so I feel like we have "finished" fall before it has even arrived but very soon I will be breaking out my new sweaters and watching football every Sunday.  We are going to finish with a brand that I tend to use more skincare and tanning products from and need to branch out into their makeup collection.  I love Clarins skin and tanning products and I need to start adding their top rated makeup items to my train case.

The collection for fall is named Graphic Expression and it focuses on new eye and cheek palettes plus a new formula of mascara.  This mascara is unique and is specially designed to nourish and grow lashes while making them look fabulous, a rare combination product.  Normally one must purchase a mascara to wear during the day and then a separate treatment for the night.  I will be interested to see how this mascara performs against the option of using two separate products.  This is a heavy eye makeup collection so I am hoping to find a few products that will fill some of the voids in my train case.

There isn't a formal description for this collection so we are just going to go right into our last fall collection!

Graphic Expressions Eye Quarter Mineral Palette - Highly concentrated in mineral pigments, these eye shadows light up all eyes. Their wet and dry texture is extremely soft on application. Easy to blend and shade, their colours are both subtle and even. Harmonies of satin and iridescent shades offer a variety of effects. For a superb, long-lasting make-up result.
- deep forest green khaki satin/taupe satin/bronze shimmer/gold shimmer

Be Long Mascara - This season's most-wanted mascara takes skimpy lashes and makes them long and lush. Clarins' new growth-activating formula, Be Long Complex, makes all the difference. After 4 weeks of use, lashes increased in length by an average of 1.1mm*. Clarins exclusive applicator brush sees that no lash goes unnoticed—even the teensiest. *Test conducted with 33 women for 4 weeks. Measurements performed on bare lashes. Average result.
- 01 Intense Black - deep black

Graphic Expression Face and Blush Powder Palette - Tinted powder with light beige to illuminate, dark beige to even out skin tone, coral pink to sculpt and a touch of golden light to leave the complexion looking smooth, flawless, and sophisticated.
Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick - This lipstick combines the transparent colour and shine of a lip gloss with the creamy texture of a lipstick. A unique extreme shine Maxi Lip Complex helps plump and hydrate for full, soft and supple lips, while the deeply moisturizing and long-wearing formula provides the benefits of a balm with lip care.
- Spicy Cinnamon - warm shimmering brown red
- Royal Plum - deep plum satin
- Pink Camellia - medium neutral pink shimmer

I am already starting to collect a few items for my next Most Wanted list and the last two collections were two of the best ones that we have seen for this fall.  I love the eye makeup palette from this collection and am excited to try out the mascara.  I haven't seen anything like this mascara before and I really want to try it out next time that I need a new mascara (which won't be anytime soon since I have about three tubes that haven't even been opened yet).  I want to work this eye makeup palette into the looks that I create with both of my Naked Palettes and this will be great addition to my traincase. 

I am on the fence with the Face and Blush Palette, I doubt that I would ever use it even though it is quite pretty.  I don't love any of the lipsticks and can easily skip over adding any of them to my collection.

The temperatures are still in the high 90s and I am impatient to start using all the new makeup that I have bought for fall.  I hate this strange period of in between, I am not using the majority of my summer shades as the fall is quickly approaching but very few pieces of my fall line up are appropriate yet...

photo courtesy of Clarins

No comments: