Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Benefit Dandelion Box o' Powder Blush

I have yet another post about blush today, I mentioned before that I tend to buy lots of blush shades when the seasons change and I have been outdoing myself even more this year.  Once I finish up this big round of blush buying, I probably won't pick any more shades up until my skin needs a pick up in the middle of the winter or early spring.  I don't understand my shopping patterns but I do understand what a good blush does as my skintone changes from tan to pale.  I wanted to buy blushes from multiple companies and Benefit was on my list as having top quality formulas for this product.

I was at Sephora the other day and I bought Dandelion from Benefit, I believe this ranks up there with some of their original products and I remember seeing this one in Sephora catalogs when I was in college and just beginning to shop there.  I have wanted to try this shade for quite a long time but I feel like I always get distracted by what is new and/or limited edition.  I know for a fact this is how the majority of my MAC shopping is done and it tends to spill over to many different beauty brands.

Benefit blushes are cult products and spawned a line of matching lip glosses a few years ago, I find it amusing that I have written more on the lip glosses than I have the actual blushes.  Today I will be changing that around.  Dandelion is a soft pink hue that can be used as a powder blush or a facial highlighter, I have used it only has a blush so far and I cannot see that I would be trying it as a highlighter any time soon.

"A pale-pink, pressed highlighting powder that transforms your complexion from dull to radiant.  Fake awake in just one stroke with Dandelion—Benefit's long-lasting, pressed highlighting powder in ballerina-pink. Its shimmery, satiny, and radiant formula leaves an immediate perk-me-up finish that brightens up your face—even at eight in the morning.", states the Sephora website. 

This pale pink complements my pale skin quite well and creates a natural flush when applied to my cheekbones.  It is very similar to Illamasqua's Katie hue but a bit less pigmented.  This shade would work well on anyone with pale to medium skin and cool undertones.  It is very easy to wear and I can use it with any makeup look or by itself for a bit of color on a casual day.  It lasts for about eight hours and wore nicely throughout the day.  It held up to work and then school after that but wasn't long enough wearing to survive a workout.  This really isn't a big deal for me and I am happy with getting all day from it under normal wear circumstances. 

I can see why this product and shade are a cult favorite and continue to be top sellers at Sephora.  I have a feeling that Benefit will continue to bring these blushes out for quite a long time and they will continue to be best sellers for the whole time.  This was the last blush that I bought however I might end up trying a few more formulas out in the coming weeks...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: