Friday, September 20, 2013

Fitness Friday - Bolthouse Farms Amazing Mango Smoothie

We have been talking about yoga poses the past few Fitness Fridays and I want to get back to healthy eating and how to take in fresh fruits and vegetables as the seasons change.  I love summer for all the berries that are in season during it.  I eating cherries, strawberries, and blueberries nearly every single day and I always miss this when the seasons change and those berries go out of season.  In previous years, I have done great eating well during the summer but then begin to struggle as the fall rolls around and it only goes downhill as the winter months arrive.  I am hoping that I can ward some of that off this year and I will be looking to see what kinds of organic juices are available at my local supermarket and how I can add them into my diet.

Bolthouse Farms has long been my favorite juice company and I have been drinking their Strawberry Banana Smoothie for quite a few years now.  I have been intrigued by their mango smoothies so I decided that there is no time like the present to try a new one out.  I have gone through two bottles of the Amazing Mango in the past three days and I can safely say that I have a new obsession and another way to get my Vitamin C this fall and winter.

"Made with 100% fruit, our Amazing Mango® Smoothie puts the spotlight on Mother Nature’s natural solo artist. Packed with mango and the antioxidant power of vitamins A and C, the word ‘amazing’ really is putting it lightly. But we’re humble, so.", states the Bolthouse Farms website.

This smoothie is pretty simple, it is pure mango and tastes great (if you like Mango).  This smoothie is packed with Vitamins A and C which I love since it is much harder for me to take them in the fall and winter months.  I would like to see this smoothie made with less sugar since the mango is sweet enough on its own and the added sugar can throw my daily sugar grams out of whack.  That's a minor complaint and I will just need to make sure that I am carefully watching my diet around it.

I still love Bolthouse Farms and I will continue to buy their Strawberry Banana and Amazing Mango Smoothies and keep investigating what else is in their juice line up.

photo courtesy of Bolthouse Farms

No comments: