Thursday, September 5, 2013

MAC Pro Longwear

Indulge may have been the biggest release from MAC for this fall but we all know that they will keep releasing new collections and their loyal fans will keep buying their products all season!  The newest collection for MAC is another version of the Pro Longwear collections, it seems that MAC adds a few more products and shades to the Pro Longwear collection every single year.  Pro Longwear was originally a collection of pro-level products that were only available to registered MAC makeup artists, each of these products perform at the level required for runway shows and other events where makeup must stay at full impact for several hours and under extreme conditions.  I have never used any of the items from Pro Longwear but I am considering changing that trend for this fall.  Last spring, I could really see a change in my makeup on the days that I was going right from work to school at night and I usually had next to nothing on my face by the end of those 13 hour days.  I am thinking about mostly face makeup from this line but I am open to all kinds of products from it.

Pro Longwear is among some of the top rated products from MAC and I feel confident trying any type of face products from this line.  My first choice will be a new foundation and then a new concealer to follow it up.  I do like the Erase Paste from Benefit that I have been using but I want to see what else is out there and if MAC can offer me a product that lasts longer at a full pigment.

"Introducing new shades of Pro Longwear for eyes and face. Ranging from light to dark to perfectly match any skin tone, Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer keep skin fresh and flawless in formulas lasting up to 15 hours. Pro Longwear Paint Pots deliver highly dimensional colour with a luxurious finish while Pro Longwear Eye Liner defines eyes with a dense, water-resistant formula that glides on comfortably and stays for 12 hours, in seven new shades from eggplant to brilliant sheer gold."

Here is the Pro Longear collection for this season!

Pro Longwear Paint Pot - A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
- Chrome Angel - platinum silver
- Let's Skate - pale pink with pearl
- Perky - cream coral with white pearl
- Rubenesque - golden peach with gold pearl
- Layin' Low - creamy beige
- Clearwater - sea foam
- Antique Diamond - frosted olive silver
- Camel Coat - muted beige
- Tailor Gray - muted gray
- Stormy Pink - muted gray purple
- Constructivist - metallic brown with red pearl
- Blackground - black-gray with multi color

Pro Longwear Eye Liner - Pro Longwear's long-lasting eye liner delivers creamy, dense colour that glides on smoothly. 12-hour water resistant formula stays put and smudge-free.
- Powerline - muted gold
- Devotion - deep army green
- Strong Willed - deep eggplant
- Definitely Black - deep black

Pro Longwear Foundation - A comfortable, long-wearing foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies and blends easily leaving the skin feeling soft and free to breathe all day while controlling oil. Specially treated micronized pigments help give a smoother, more flawless, natural finish with stay-true colour.  Available in a range of shades to suit every skintone.

Pro Longwear Concealer - A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.  Available in a range of shades to suit every skintone.

242 Shader Brush - For powder, concealer or emollient-based product application. This brush has firm fibers carefully shaped to form a rounded edge for a smooth, even finish. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

195 Concealer Brush - A flexible synthetic fibre flat brush with slight pointed tip for precision application and blending of all concealer formulas and other emollient products.

193 Angled Foundation Brush - A Pro-quality foundation brush created to achieve a silky, flawless finish. Ideal for any M·A·C foundation, including new Matchmaster SPF 15 & classics like Studio Fix & Studio Tech. Use to apply, distribute and blend foundation into all areas of the face.

I am more interested in face products than I am in color products from this collection, I want to try out both the foundation and the concealer in this collection.  I need some products that I can trust to take me from the early morning, all the way through work, and then all the way through class at night.  I have found that most products can get me through the work day but I would have to touch up before class at night and I don't always have time for that.  This is going to be looked at during one of my upcoming visits to the MAC counter and this is the type of visit that I will need to set time aside for since this one might take more than a few minutes and I want to make sure that I get one of the counter managers to help me with these products.

After I get my foundation and concealer, I will then look at a few of the eye makeup products that were introduced in this collection.  I do like a few of the shades int he Pro Longwear Paint Pot, the neutrals will work well with the rest of the eye makeup shades that I already own.  Layin' Low and Camel Coat will be two very good neutrals for me and I will have them in constant rotation in my train case.  From the eye liners, I love the gold shades in this collection (Powerline) and this is shade that I could start using now and then use through the whole year.  I go through gold eye liner pencils faster than any other shade and I would like to add another shade to my collection.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: